Press Room
Personal Info
Family Pictures
Charity Page
In The News
Advertising
Aishu to play Gayatri Devi Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Official Aishwarya Rai Message Board » Movies etc... » Aishu to play Gayatri Devi « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

shant (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 35.10.203.172
Posted on Monday, June 6, 2005 - 7:34 pm:   

This news is awesome! Arjit, I also heard something about Ash doing Rohan Sippy's next movie. is there any news on that?

Arijit Bhattacharya (Aishzone)
Username: Aishzone

Posted From: 221.134.56.130
Posted on Monday, June 6, 2005 - 5:47 am:   

You are correct, Jaipur is the capital city of the state Rajasthan.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.20.8
Posted on Monday, June 6, 2005 - 1:14 am:   

An Indian movie, hopefully on the scale of Devdas, or bigger. An epic. Gayathri Devi was the queen of Jaipur, long time ago, in India, Jaipur is a state I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and she's still alive today. Very beautiful woman. Listed by Vogue Magazine as one of the 100 most beautiful women of the last century or something.
:-)

Margo (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 64.231.212.203
Posted on Sunday, June 5, 2005 - 10:54 am:   

will this movie be a hollywood or bollywood movie??? and who is Gayatri Devi? :-)

Arijit Bhattacharya (Aishzone)
Username: Aishzone

Posted From: 221.134.56.19
Posted on Sunday, June 5, 2005 - 6:44 am:   

Excerpts from www.newindpress.com

"I can稚 believe I値l be playing one of the most beautiful women in the world! To get to enact Gayatri Devi, and that too in a film by a director of J P Dutta痴 film? Wait, lemme pinch myself," she bursts out laughing.

Then she spills the details of the historic meeting. "You know, it was Gayatri Devi痴 birthday when we met. My mom and she share the same birthday. It was a very special day for me. J P saab and I spoke with Gayatri Devi for a while. She gave her nod almost instantaneously. I知 elated. But I知 also nervous. To play someone so legendary is a big responsibility. It痴 so strange. I知 right now playing a real-life character (the battered Sikh wife Kiranjit Ahluwalia in Provoked). Then I値l go into another real-life character. But a completely different one. Gayatri Devi has lived her life king-size. Or should I say, queen-sized? I hope I can do justice to her story. It痴 such a vast story. Someone suggested we make a whole series of films like Star Wars to do full justice to her. But I think JP saab will manage it quite well.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree | Search | Help | Credits Administration
Fan Club
Chat Room
Guestbook
Message Boards
Merchandise
Wallpapers