Press Room
Personal Info
Family Pictures
Charity Page
In The News
Advertising
Your favorite Ash Movie? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Official Aishwarya Rai Message Board » Movies etc... » Your favorite Ash Movie? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Arijit Bhattacharya (Aishzone)
Username: Aishzone

Posted From: 221.134.59.82
Posted on Saturday, February 12, 2005 - 12:13 am:   

Try watching Raincoat. Aishu is simply amazing in it - understatement - Aishu is simply Aishulike - no adjectives are good enough for her:-) Even her worst critics could not find any flaw in her performance.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.220.167
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 2:01 pm:   

Looks wise: I think she looked the best in KK ths south Indian film sorry can't spell it. Even though i didn't understand a word it i sat and watched it for 3 hours just admiring everything about her face.

Acting wise: I think Devdas she made you believe Paro was real the way she acted as a child like woman who turned into a mature woman overnight but still burned for her childhood sweetheart was so moving. Looks wise her face had gone slimmer and looked not that nice but still the magic of aishwarya rai worked!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.42.49
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 7:14 am:   

I liked KK also because it is a very south indian movie, as described by the director Rajiv Menon, which is refreshing to see.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.42.49
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 7:13 am:   

Kandukondain kandukondain - her and tabu make a really really good sister-sister pairing. Music was fab from AR Rahman, as usual. And she looks stunning in it! Devdas and raincoat were also amazing.

padhpadh (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 207.216.215.130
Posted on Tuesday, February 8, 2005 - 5:33 pm:   

devdas

Eiram uk (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 82.36.145.215
Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 - 7:48 am:   

i didn't really like the songs in Dhai Akshar Prem Ke but i did absolutely love the songs in aur pyar ho gaya, they are sooo lovely i can never get bored of them

Aishy (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 138.217.123.37
Posted on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 9:59 pm:   

I liked Dhai Akshar Prem Ke songs. The storyline was quite good except it wasn't as good has I expected it to be. But The songs are just amazing! When I first heard them on "Aishwarya Hits" I just fell in love with them. I think you all should see the movie. At least for the songs.

Eiram uk (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 82.36.145.163
Posted on Saturday, June 26, 2004 - 10:30 am:   

i think her best movie was hum dil de chuke sanaame, 'coz i think she played a really good role and i liked the story-line.
i also like her first hindi movie, aur pyaar ho gya, 'coz i think she looked really pretty 4 the role.

Muztaba Seraji (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 202.53.175.84
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 4:49 pm:   

If my previous postings about her movies defame her in any way please inform me, I’ll remove those. I'm afraid my messages seems defamatory. Please notify me, I'm in tension.

Posted From: 202.53.175.84
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 4:49 pm:   

Actually I wanted to say she is very much different from others. If she runs after money, which types of comments are too much posted in this board at present, then she must not play those types of roles. After watching her movie the first thing came in my mind that she is in a mission to point out and eradicate the flaws from society. And to do so every time she takes risk on her career. Even in the contest to meet with her the answer was chosen which was related to women and children. I found in March/April newsletter she said she contributes to many current issues facing women & children, in need. Everyone says this and does some charity work to draw attention of media. But she works on these issues even she choose the characters of this type. Another reason to write was to give an answer to those who are continuously she runs after money etc. etc.

Posted From: 203.208.155.182
Posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2004 - 4:44 am:   

Muztaba, I think u r confused. Aishu reads the script and the character she has to portray be4 signing any film. By the grace of God the characters, she has portrayed in each of her films had been different. Aishu has evolved as a versatile actress (rather the versatile actress.) Aishu needs to be convinced about the role and if the director manages to do that, then it reflects in Aishu's performance. In her interviews Aishu has maintained that she treats each director as her Guru (mentor) and performs according to the director's perception. That's why she doesn't prepare anything by reading books or seeing any movies that are related to the character. Aishu doesn't want to have any preconceived notion about her role. She is director's actress.

Posted From: 202.53.175.78
Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 1:56 pm:   

I also read a topic about another celebrity who plays a role of married wife in 2/3 movies and thus why everyone criticized her because she carelessly chose such a role. Now it hit the box-office but in the long run it’ll make a negative effect on her career. She was also asked in an interview about it. If so then what can I say about Ash. She carelessly chooses the character of an abused, a widow, a husband-abandoned even a negative role one after another.
Ma’am Aishwarya I don’t know whether you’ll read my message. Whether your time will permit you to do so. But this thing was irritating in mind for a long time to tell you, but unfortunately I can’t express my feelings properly. Sometimes my expression in word turns into a completely reverse one from my feelings. Again I’m extremely poor in English. At last I want to say you are really an extraordinary one Ma’am. I salute you.

Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 1:55 pm:   

4. Kuch naa Kaho: No need for long discussion. Here she talks about the husband-abandoned women. Who are also outcaste because they are weak, they are female.

Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 1:53 pm:   

So far I can remember I read an article. There it was written, this type of abused role was flopped in past although it was played by top celebrities at their peak point of popularity. In this circumstance how does she dare to choose this type of role? She is not in a position like them (the article was about 5 years ago). This movie will certainly flop and she has to admit the reality and she should concentrate about her career. This proves how much she has sympathy to distressed human beings (I don’t like to make distinction among male and female here, and I always like to think her as a human not as a female and this is only for playing in this movie.) and she never run after the money. All the times she push her career into a threat for helping the helpless one in the society.

Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 1:52 pm:   

3. Hamara Dil Aapke Paas Hai: This was her first movie I watched. I like it because it touches the heart. Here she spoke about the raped victim who is an outcaste in the society. A girl, no-one cant be comparable with her but when she was abused for trying to protest the evil forces in the society no one came for consolation. But she turned into a subject of great fun and juicy chat as she was abused, she is a weak and she is a female. The first impression of me about her was she is like a missionary who chose this movie to point out the misery of these distressed women and an appeal to the society to help them by standing beside them, courage them not only mercy on them.

Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 1:50 pm:   

2. Dil Ka Rishta: Although I found several criticisms about the weak story. But it didn’t seem so to me. I was not her fan then although I admitted she is a great actress. Its story and above all her performance were superb. To me here she wants to speak to help the widows. And this is the movie for which I turned into her fan.

Posted on Sunday, June 20, 2004 - 1:49 pm:   

It is true her every movie was awesome. It is tough to sort, which is the best. But if I sort it according to this view that impressed me much (of course up to now not the future) then it’ll be like this:
1. Khakee: It impressed me most. I found in most of her film a common theme and that is to point out the flaws in the society especially about the helpless women and an appeal to help them. But I couldn’t imagine she is so much serious against the evil forces. She (Also the every performer) talks here in favor of a Muslim who was used as a sacred-goat although she is not a Muslim. Even she played a negative role that no one in the top position likes to play. It proves how much a humanitarian she is. She tries to remove the mask of the nasty politicians. It might result a threat on her career even life.

sandra gopaul (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 69.192.84.76
Posted on Friday, June 11, 2004 - 6:18 pm:   

Arijit you have took the words right out of my mouth, she has improved as a actress because of deducation and hard work,that made her successful not only her looks, because when she came in the industry she had her looks and a lot of people thought she wont make it, oh just another model they thought but yeah she proved them wrong.and that goes 4 anything u do in life.
she deserves it so her best is yet to come but i love devdas.
}

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.251.144.148
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 - 4:18 am:   

in my opinion, her best movie is jeans. all is perfect in this movie.

David (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 83.154.133.225
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 9:43 am:   

Arijit, that's a very politically correst answer. But in fact you are right, as I often say, her best film is the next one.

Posted From: 61.17.115.6
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 8:14 am:   

You have chosen a very difficult question David. At least for me, it's very difficult LOL. I'll never be able to choose.

Aishu has evolved as a performer over the years and needless to say that her best is yet to come. I wish Aishu all the best in all of her future endeavours.

Posted From: 62.160.169.7
Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 2:32 am:   

humm, I should have made the second post before the first lol

Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 2:31 am:   

7 - Taal: I do love Ash' dancing.
8 - Dil Ka Rishta: Arjun and Ash played very well, the script disturbed me a little I must say because I don't know how someone should react in fact.
9 - khakee: Ash has a small part in the movie but a pivotal one and I love the way she acted (hihi).
10 - Jeans: I only know the dance sequence but SHE was in Paris!!

I still have a lot to see and I can't wait to see Choker Bali.

PS: Eros, you (bad word! sorry, the conversion on the DVD for Khakee is a shame. Very good sound but the picture compression is awful sometimes. 25€ (1300INR) for the most horrible conversion of my collection. booo

Posted on Monday, April 26, 2004 - 2:31 am:   

What is your top ten? and what makes you like this movie?

1 - Devdas: my first contact with Bollywood. What a shock. When I saw “Silsila Yeh Chaahat Ka”. Glups, I thought "man, those indians are really good in 3d modelling, they designed the perfect woman" and the music was wonderful, the dance was stupendous, even the flame was dancing
2 - Kuch Naa Kaho: I felt in love with Namrata. I liked the characters and the subject
3 - Mohabbatein: 5 love story, SRK and Ash just the way I like them, sensible, caring and loving.
4 - Hum Dil De Chucke Sanam: I love sarees since I "met" Aishwarya and Ash is wearing sarees all the time in this movie lol. well seriously, this is a really good movie but for the location.
5 - Josh: an indian "west side story" and some unusual location on Goa
6 - Kandukondain kandukondain: Tabu and Ash in a very good movie

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree | Search | Help | Credits Administration
Fan Club
Chat Room
Guestbook
Message Boards
Merchandise
Wallpapers