Devdas Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Official Aishwarya Rai Message Board » Movies etc... » Devdas « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Shant (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 35.10.203.172
Posted on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 9:50 am:   

Continuing...!

Being a huge Ash fan, I must say that she has performed better in movies before Devdas like Iruvar and ofc Hum Dil...and she was still learing back then in 2002. If you look at her performance in her last two movies, Shabd and Raincoat, she was amazing.

Raincoat was the best I have ever seen from any actor, for someone like Ash to act so morose and non-glamorous is an achievement, she really gets into the character and give a restrianed, simple performance. It is shocking that someone like Kareena should get the Filmfare Critics award when there is Ash in Raincoat and Tabu in Maqbool.

Shant (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 35.10.203.172
Posted on Friday, July 29, 2005 - 9:49 am:   

Please Ash was supposed to play kiddish and in love in the first half, and she did great at that. in the second part, She was full of make-up, so stoic and unmoving and there seemed to be no 'chemistry' between her and Shahrukh.

my roomates and me have watched Devdas over and over and over again. Devdas seems to be like Sholay, we havent got bored yet! So it is definitely a good film, and the dialogues are so Shakespearish!

Madhuri clearly seems to have the best role, dialogues and I think it is her best role ever, she steals the show, so to say. Shahrukh comes next. But then they both are very experienced compared to Ash and ASh also had a less meaty role and dialogues.

I completely agree with the previous post by 81.153.41.17...

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.41.17
Posted on Monday, July 18, 2005 - 4:48 am:   

Madhuri Dixit I find is now a legend of Indian Cinema. She will go down in the books, just like Nargis and Madhubala, and Aishwarya will do the same. Any comparisson between Madhuri and Ash is unfair. I've watched enough Madhuri films now to be smart enough to see that Madhuri is incredibly talented, and she is one of my favourites. Aishwarya is still working in fllms and there is no doubt in my mind she will reach the status of Madhuri in India and abroad eventually.
:-)

AR (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 64.12.117.11
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 11:11 pm:   

I loved every aspect of DEVDAS. Although, every time I watch it it makes me mad because of how it ended. Sometimes I wish Paro and Devdas ended together. Why did DEVDAS have to leave home without Paro and write that letter?

I guess that's the power with a worth watching movie--they make you asking for more. Aishwarya did amazing and so did everyone affiliated with this movie in my opinion. Completely love this Bollywood movie and maybe it was too glamourous, but that's what makes it so special. You fall into this 'dream world' if you would call it and even if the outside is perfect, the inside isn't (the people who live in it). Just amazing!

I applause this movie! Thank you Sanjay! :-)

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.20.8
Posted on Saturday, May 21, 2005 - 7:50 am:   

what are you talking about. Aishwarya was the only lead synchronised in that piece. Madhuri was all over the place with her OTT facial expressions. Aishwarya smiled her unbeatable smile the whole way through and her moves were perfect., This inspite of the fact her ears were bleeding the whole time.
I know for a fact Madhuri lost her position on many occasions and tried to scurry back to the middle during her dancing. Aishwarya is the reason people watch bollywood more outside India now, and your sush and priyanka and the like are just wannabes. The only reason ppl went to see Devdas in the west was coz of Ash, no one in the west knew Madhuri, even after Devdas. She can act though, I'll give her that. Although sometimes too OTT. Aishwarya is just right in every dept.

Anita (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 212.85.6.26
Posted on Monday, January 12, 2004 - 9:39 am:   

I find that Ash's performance in the initial part of Devdas was a bit over-acting and unnatural. It seemed as if she was a bit self-conscious (the portions all the way until Devdas left the house). I am sorry but I wish to let her know so that she may be aware. Only later in the film, I became immersed in her character. These are my impressions watching her, and have had the same impressions watching the film many times.

However, when I was watching Shah Rukh, I felt completely into his character. He forgets himself in the character. He was acting out from his heart. It is of course not fair to compare Shah Rukh who has so many years of experience. But I think Ash could learn something by watching other actors. The film of course on the whole is very good, no doubt.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree | Search | Help | Credits Administration
Fan Club
Chat Room
Guestbook
Message Boards
Merchandise
Wallpapers