Press Room
Personal Info
Family Pictures
Charity Page
In The News
Advertising
Aishwarya starrer Shabd into Oscar li... Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Official Aishwarya Rai Message Board » Movies etc... » Aishwarya starrer Shabd into Oscar library! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Muztaba Seraji (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 203.91.152.47
Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 7:37 am:   

To Margo: “Congratulation”. I can feel your feeling a little bit. When I first received her mail I was nearly about to faint.
In one of the most popular local magazine of our country named, Jaijaidin. At its special edition of Valentines Day I send a story about my first mail from her. They published it and amazingly I received hundreds of mail and still yet receiving. And in most of the mail, they surprised how Lucky I am. I scanned the copy and mail it to her. I’m still waiting to get response from her.

Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 7:29 am:   

For me it’s very much tough to say that such shots upsets me. I made the song forward. She’s not a nun or priest. I cant expect from her to cover herself with clothes from top to bottom in film. But I always imagined her as an extraordinary_who_reaches the top only by her ability not by simply expose her and lower herself down to others. I believe she did it to fulfill the demand of the character not to make the film bumper in business. But still when I travel several Indian masala site (I’m not a saint), everywhere found some video clips or still pics of Shabd or at Cannes Festival and some comments like "Rare shot" or "She become bold day by day" etc. It dishearten me.

Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 7:28 am:   

In most of the Bollywood film the leading actress use skin tight dress which can fool people easily and only can be understand if one can closely observe at the still picture. I believe she use such trick in both the films although I didn’t watch the song in Shabd.

Arijit Bhattacharya (Aishzone)
Username: Aishzone

Posted From: 221.134.57.151
Posted on Thursday, May 12, 2005 - 12:16 am:   

The movie is Chokher Bali which unfolds the trauma of a young widow and Aishu showed her back, which is bold by her standards.

Aishu has given one of her best performances in that movie. In fact Aishu excelled both in Chokher Bali and Raincoat. Rituparno Ghosh directed both the films. I must admit, I have seen the above two movies only and I have lot of admiration for his work.

Margo (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 70.49.89.46
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 8:21 pm:   

yeah i sent it to ash@aishwaryaworld.com, and on the return thing it said Aishwarya Rai <ash@aishwaryaworld.com>. i believe it was her, i mean she has been known to reply. and its not like she wrote a long letter...just a few sentences. im sure she has just like 5 mins out of her day to reply a fan. so yeah:P

Messenger (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 24.101.57.41
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 7:40 pm:   

Margo,
Are you sure it is her? What is her email id? Does ash@aishwaryaworld.com work?

By the Way, to Arijit I am getting viruses from your email id
aishzone@yahoo.com.

messenger9090@yahoo.com

Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 6:34 pm:   

LOL...yeah i was like wow, im sure there have been people emailing her for ages and they havent gotten a reply. but i was lucky i guess, so its all good :P and im guessing it was like probably 6 in the morning in the UK, so maybe she just finished shooting and my email stuck out, i dont know. im just happy and grateful to her that she took the time out to email me, thats totally cool! :D

Steven Thomas NY (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 67.84.57.173
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 6:07 pm:   

WHAT?? you emailed her within that short period of time..and all of a sudden got an email from her?? theres people out there that gotta wait till like 5 or more months..dang, you really lucked out!!

Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 5:24 pm:   

steven- hehehehe, yeah i was like *shocked* when i saw the email, i couldnt believe it. and i agree, she is the best because she writes back to her fans. im telling you i email oprah all the time, she NOT once has been to canada and she has never emailed me, makes me sad and ANGRY:-(

but yeah the funny thing is on friday i finished watching devdas and i just wanted to say what a great job she did. and i was so bored so i wrote the letter at like 11, its like 12 and im on msn and i see this pop up that says aishwarya rai, i was so happy and lucky i guess lol

she just said that shes thankful for the note, and how shes glad i like her movies. and how she is happy that i did well on my chemistry test and that i be well and God bless. shes so amazing!! very admirable :D my goal is to meet her one day :P

Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 4:50 pm:   

margo- thats so cool that you got an email from aishwarya..im really jealous..i emailed her about my whole documentary idea..and it would be a miracle for her to write back to me
what did she say to you? (that is if you dont mind sharing) and when did you write her an email? im just wondering how long it takes..
ok well thats awesome..ur lucky..and it just shows that aishwarya is truly the best for taking the time to write back to her fans

Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 4:44 pm:   

oh u guys!!! im talking about the wrong movie!!! i just realized that it wasnt shabd that i was talking about..theres this other movie aishwarya's in..i have no idea what its about..but its very slow, and supposed to have taken place a long time ago..does anyone know what movie im talking about?
this is the movie where i was saying aishwarya takes off her shirt..sorry

Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 12:30 pm:   

its good she likes to experiment and take different roles, and that is why i think she will do well in hollywood. i can definately see an academy award coming her way because a great actress is able to play anyone even if its out of thier element. and Ash has proved time and time again, shes not just a pretty face :P

i should check this movie out. and yes i agree with arjit,i think she will never take off her clothes. and im all for it if she doesnt because sometimes in movies,they dont need to go as far as they go.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.20.8
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 7:03 am:   

True, in fact another bolly actress left this role coz she couldn't hack it, then when Ash was cast, the script writer left coz he didn't like Ash as she was apparently too commercial for a character driven role ?! then the director rewrote the script, Ash throws in a great performance, and the script is accepted into the Academy's (Oscar's) official library. Isn't it just the stuff of karma? :-)

Arijit Bhattacharya (Aishzone)
Username: Aishzone

Posted From: 221.134.59.77
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 6:07 am:   

I bet none of you guys have seen Shabd and you are passing comments without seeing the movie. The topic was bold and there were suggestive scenes. Aishu does everything aesthetically. Aishu never took off her clothes be4 and you bet she will never do that in future.

Shabd is a story of an award winning writer who goes through a stage of writer's block. In his last attempt he tries to explore female psyche and in the process he ends up making his own wife a central character. He claims to understand human psyche and asks his wife to flirt with a young man. He becomes jealous when he finds that his wife starts liking the young man, but his wife remains loyal to him and loves him. At the end he asks his wife to tell the young man that she is already married. According to his script, he expected the young man to commit suicide, but that doesn't happen. The writer got so involved with his story that he could not accept the reality. He wanted to blur the line between fantasy and reality. But when the concluding part of his story did not go according to his vision, he ends up in an asylum.

Aishu experiments so much! She never really cares about the commercial viability as long as she finds the script and the character to be portrayed, interesting. I am sure most of the leading actresses would have rejected this role because of the risk involved, but Aishu simply enjoys challenges:-)

Messenger (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 24.101.57.112
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 5:03 am:   

Wow! You received an email? That's great. I sent her several emails last year. I never received even an ack. You are lucky!

messenger9090@yahoo.com

Posted From: 64.231.223.162
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 7:32 pm:   

well maybe that is for her to know and you to find out ;) lol
personally, if they didnt see the front and only the back then its all good. but i dont think we need to go that in depth because its not going to change anything about who she is lol
btw, i got an email from her on friday. i was like the happiest person in the world at that time :D

Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 5:53 pm:   

yea right..that movie is way too dull to have anything like kissing in it..im so serious..it was so silent..i was like..why is someone like aishwarya rai in this..
theres nothing steamy..
shes just taking off her shirt and changing..
im just wondering?..does that mean she was really nakead? i know it doesnt mean the audiences dont see anything..but what about the cast and crew at the time..would aishwarya do something like that?? she had to be covered!! but when you see the movie, its as if her entire (front side) is topless...when i saw that, i was kinda upset into thinking why would my rai do that...does anyone know what was really done?

Posted From: 67.70.21.132
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 4:49 am:   

well im assuming no kissing in the movie lol ??

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 12:55 am:   

mmm I think it was a fake tattoo, it was rather steamy, but not that bad. :-)

Posted From: 70.49.88.93
Posted on Monday, May 9, 2005 - 4:36 pm:   

tattoo eh??? i want a tattoo...does she really have one lol or was it fake? if you were talking about the right movie :P

Posted on Monday, May 9, 2005 - 4:18 pm:   

is Shabd that movie thats like really quiet and very slow? i think i was watching it while my dad was watching it..i didnt know aishwarya was in it..then when i saw her, i got surprised that she would be in such a movie...i dont get the story..it was sooo slow for me, and silent...am i talking about the same movie?
is this the movie where you see aishwarya take off her dress,, you see her back, with that tattoo? ok, now serisouly, AM I TALKING ABOUT THE SAME MOVIE? lol

Posted From: 70.49.88.93
Posted on Monday, May 9, 2005 - 3:19 pm:   

what is this Shabd movie about??

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Monday, May 9, 2005 - 5:18 am:   

You cudn't really see anything in the film of Aishwarya's body i mean - yeah it was suggestive, but it wasn't as though she through her dignity out the window. Besides, it's not something worth "hating"

aish_chand (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 82.205.182.3
Posted on Monday, May 9, 2005 - 1:07 am:   

I just wanted to ask AIsh why she have signed this movie as it is the only movie in Aish's film carrer that I hated n why she have exposed herself in this movie as she looks more beautiful when she is fully covered.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.186.105
Posted on Saturday, April 9, 2005 - 12:51 am:   

I mean its not my favourite Aishwarya film, but hey, its all about getting world cinema more diverse, and breaking down boundaries so I'm all up for it.

O, and Aishwarya's BRILLIANT films Chokher Bali and Raincoat are being shown at the Filmfest DC along with my favourite Mani Ratnam's Dil Se and others hehe. I'm so happy.

I wish they had a list of all the film festivals internationally and nationally Aishwarya's films have been shown at all over the world, on this site. Something to ask the administrator maybe.
Bye

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 24.69.255.236
Posted on Friday, April 8, 2005 - 3:40 pm:   

I loved it! its a very intelligent movie!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 69.215.16.179
Posted on Friday, April 8, 2005 - 12:03 pm:   

who here liked shabd anywayz

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Friday, April 8, 2005 - 12:56 am:   

Shabd was more of an indie film rather than blockbster material - the script was hardly bollywood formulaic yet Ash was willing to do it anyway - shows she saw potential in a meaningful, different script - and I guess she was right!

Her performance, it has to be said, was credited well in the indian media anyway as well as abroad.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Friday, April 8, 2005 - 12:52 am:   

That's the American Academy (Oscar's) library btw.
hehe
Bye Bye

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Friday, April 8, 2005 - 12:51 am:   

Hey guys - surfing the net and guess what - found more good news about Ash.
The Margaret Herrick library (the Academy's library mostly for oscar-nominated scripts) has just added Shabd into its library!

http://www.indiafm.com/scoop/05/apr/0804shabd/inde x.shtml

They obviously thought the script was new, fresh and fab - and culdn't resist the charms and talents of our Ash and her costars!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree | Search | Help | Credits Administration
Fan Club
Chat Room
Guestbook
Message Boards
Merchandise
Wallpapers
Screensavers
Suggestion Box
My Links
Contact Me

PRIVACY  |  TERMS OF SERVICE