Press Room
Personal Info
Family Pictures
Charity Page
In The News
Advertising
Bride & Prejudice Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Official Aishwarya Rai Message Board » Movies etc... » Bride & Prejudice « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Arijit Bhattacharya (Aishzone)
Username: Aishzone

Posted From: 202.89.67.210
Posted on Sunday, October 23, 2005 - 11:04 am:   

voss749, try watching the hindi version of B&P, "Balle Balle Amritsar to LA" :-)

voss749 (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 70.149.89.64
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2005 - 9:20 pm:   

The only thing that disappointed me was that I as an american fan knew I was going to see a bollywood movie, yet all the songs but one were in english and they werent even really bollywood songs.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 63.251.6.83
Posted on Wednesday, August 3, 2005 - 9:55 am:   

I thought the movie was a nice spin-off from Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice. I especially loved the dancing and the singing...and the clothes. I have always been facinated by Indian dance and fashion. This was my first time seeing Ash and I have to say that she is a very beautiful woman...exterior, but mostly her charisma is beautiful. You can tell she loves life and others just by the way she acts. Most people can't hide their true personality, even when acting. She is no different, but it works to her advantage.
A lot of romance movies come from books written in periods such as when Jane Austin was writing her books. I love the underlying social issues that are present in all of Jane's books.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 203.164.108.124
Posted on Wednesday, August 3, 2005 - 3:40 am:   

Ok. this has totaly gone of topic except for the girl below.

Jacky C. (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 203.164.108.232
Posted on Monday, August 1, 2005 - 10:22 pm:   

To respond to the original question/post- I thought Bride and Prejudice was a great movie-im not Indian but you have to admire how they brought the very famous book to the 21 century through indian culture. yes it was another typical romance movie. But do you want movies that always end up bad or something??? Besides anything with Aishwarya in it is great-she is SOOO HOTT!!!

courier (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 24.101.59.207
Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 4:50 am:   

LMAO You know what? You should record your laughter and upload it. You will still be anonymous because there a million people who laugh like you. Does it ring a bell?
Don't worry Madam won't get angry with me. She probably is rolling and laughing on the floor like Norman Wisdom. Personally I laugh, giggle and guffaw like HER. The scientific fact is true some women have more testosterone or extra sensitive to it.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.41.17
Posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 - 2:11 am:   

OMG! They showed JEANS (Hindi) eh? LOL They should have shown Iruvar and started everyone off like us! LOL They showed Kandukondain Kandukondain on Channel 4 in England a year or 2 ago. LOL People were (and still are) mesmerised by the Rai! LOL turning into a man courier?That isn't very nice. I'm sure madmoiselle is on the floor laughing too. Aishwarya Rao?!!? Either that or she's very angry. hehe it's all in good humour.

Margo (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 64.231.210.108
Posted on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 6:08 pm:   

LOL....what are ju saying! oh min, i missed it, i was at church for like 10 hours because of my dad :-( i usually watch them OMNI movies on sundays LOL can Ash sing??

Posted From: 24.101.58.196
Posted on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 11:52 am:   

The movie is JEANS(Hindi) She looks so sweet 10 years ago. Is that her own voice? BTW she is losing hair in the front when compared to 10 years ago. LOL Is she becoming a man? LMAO. Hair-loss is due to testosterone in both men and women. Guruji We should call her
Aishwarya Rao

Posted From: 24.101.58.196
Posted on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 10:33 am:   

Hey, Margo there is Ash movie on OMNI2 today at 2PM.
Guruji Are you using a Mac? Please don't dodge my question like our Mademoiselle. LOL

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Sunday, July 24, 2005 - 1:54 am:   

Awww thanks Margo. You're shoooo sweet and lovely too! LOL
:-)

Posted From: 64.231.221.134
Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 10:11 pm:   

yeah i know, im not going to lose faith tho...i WILL meet that woman one day...for sure:D whether it will be in 2 months i dont know but definately one day:D i was reading her newsletter and she said mentioned the fact that MOS will be at the festival but she is not sure if she will attend yet because she will be in Tunisia filming the Last Legion. so i guess it will probably be like a last minute decision, if shes going to come or not. :-)

Posted From: 24.101.57.236
Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 9:27 pm:   

Yeah Margo, meeting her looks very remote to me. If she is not coming to Toronto then I don't know whether I will be able to meet her when I go to India. They may not allow visitors and it is not fair also. I am afraid to even call her now after all of this happened. Hmm Guruji looks like the 'old home' thingy is going to happen. Atleast she should create a Skype id that way we can atleast talk to her.

Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 3:49 pm:   

AHHHHH i hope she comes. ive got my calender ready for sept.7 to get my tickets, she has to come :-( imma start praying for this!!

Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 2:34 pm:   

Probably no if SHE is not coming.

Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 1:45 pm:   

oh yeah courier are you going to the Toronto Film Festival even if Ash is not going to be there??

Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 1:44 pm:   

LOL....eheheheehhe, yeah it has been confirmed it is not you, she said that she wasnt the person im thinking it is but that persons friend or something. its funny how she found out that its me because i dont use bp-dynasty here LOL but its all good because i could sense it, she sounds sorta of like you. its all good tho, you guys are both shooo nice :D:D:D

Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 9:36 am:   

I am myself(old name) on that board. But I have posted like 3 or 4 times that's all. Ash also hangs around on that board.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 2:39 am:   

And for the record, I haven't set up an account on that site, but my sister has under the name aishgoddess! Little annoying thing. I think she figured out who Margo was on that site. She's still teasing Margo on the aishwarya-forever.com boards. And this is probably going to be deleted soon.
Anyway, I've just been looking through those boards with my sister. MAAAN! They are CONFUSING!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Saturday, July 23, 2005 - 2:29 am:   

Oh because I don't have an account on the aishwarya-forever.com boards. Or do I?
LOL I love teasing you and Margo. Ok ok - this is getting dry! I know Margo on there is bp-dynasty. Courier what guise are you under?

Posted From: 24.101.57.170
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 5:25 pm:   

Hmm. Guruji. You must be sleeping and not be awake. Why can't you login into the board? And I still don't understand why I never received a reply.

messenger9090@yahoo.com

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 3:56 pm:   

Oh the aishwarya-forever boards? Not the actual site?
I'll have to wait until they put it on the site

Posted From: 64.231.223.205
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 3:24 pm:   

i saw mine on the aishwarya forever board...i dont know where courier saw his.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 2:52 pm:   

mmm where did you guys see the video?

Posted From: 64.231.223.205
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 1:34 pm:   

yeah i know courier, i saw the video too, she looks so sad and stressed :-( but the world wont change thier perspective on her, its not her fault all this is happening. we all love Ash and her work and there is nothing that can change that. NOTHING!! not even a sleez ball like salman :-)

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 68.50.15.104
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 1:27 pm:   

We work hard every day. Movies are just stupid or for fun.
To study is our culture first, then everything else.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 8:56 am:   

Ok is anyone else so BORED with this story. I mean seriously *yaaawning*

Moving on, Aishwarya has now just been given a British government honour -
one of it's diversity awards. The Rai is going to deliver a speech at a conference in front of Colin Powell and Jackie Chan in November -poor thing LOL just kidding - should be interesting

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Friday, July 22, 2005 - 2:22 am:   

But courier, how will the world change their perspective of her, if anything it will be in a positive way. She has come out of this scandal as a strong (abused), independent and head strong woman that has retained her dignity while standing up to a BULLY. She has proved this whether the voice in the tape is in fact hers or not. Don't think the world has changed their opinions of her because of a few desperate Sallu fans' opinions. LOL
She'll be fine. She has nothing to worry about. Even if that is Ash in the convo, she makes clear she knows the phone is being tapped by the police in the conversation to the man so she can easily argue she didn't think she needed to complain because the phone conversation was already available to the police. She'll be fine.

Posted From: 24.101.59.204
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 6:40 pm:   

OK. GUYS. I CAN'T IGNORE THIS. Had a look at the video clip of Ash at the temple. Man! Her face says everything. She has been affected so much. TO ASH I KNOW YOU ARE READING. Just remember that this entire episode might change the opinion of the world about you but the people who are close to you will always love you. That DOESN'T change a iota. Forget the World. The World didn't know what you went through. The World didn't share you pain, didn't experience your pain. There are entities in higher planes taking care of you. Leave it to them.Please retain a positive attittude.

TO ARIJIT PLEASE DON'T DELETE. WE ARE SHOWING OUR SUPPORT.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 8:49 am:   

If you want a general perspective, South Indian cultures share common ground with each other, as do some North Indian cultures between themselves.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 8:47 am:   

Just to let you all know, when everyone talks about the Indian ways of life, they talk about A culture as though it is ONE INDIAN CULTURE. It's not. Each state has it's own language/s and there are big differences (and similarities) between Indian cultures across the country. For instance music, food, clothes, film styles (industries), languages, forms of dance (arts in general), drama, literature, history etc are unique to individual Indian states, and differences in traditions exist even within states. So you cannot just look at Indian culture as ONE culture, the amazing beauty about that country is that it's incredibly multi cultural.

Posted From: 70.49.88.241
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 8:24 am:   

exactly..it played alot on stereotypes in both the west and in india. and stereotypes is not always the best way to learn about another culture lol

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, July 21, 2005 - 1:52 am:   

Exactly Margo. To the original poster of this thread, don't think I'm having a go at you because I'm not, I don't want an argument, but when you watch a film based on a family in America, do you assume that every American family is like that? No because that would be stupid. Bride is based on what ONE family, in a country of over a BILLION people, with different faiths etc MIGHT go through. It's just entertainment - it might not be a reflection of any Indian family at all, but it's fun. Don't assume that this film was a 100% accurate reflection of Indian cultures either. It wasn't intended to be. It barely scratched the surface of Indian cultures, heritage, languages, faiths, and the director and Ash herself will tell you that. It was a Bollywood meets Hollywood romance and a clash of elements of two cultures, it was hilarious, it was good, it worked. Thats it

Posted From: 64.231.208.3
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 3:11 pm:   

also the minor cheesiness that i guess they sometimes have in bollywood movies...you know where one minute they are in india next they are in the artic LOL in B&P, ohh they so did that by having them walk on the beach while the sun is setting, and running in the water (take me to love) and walking on the beach with a choir. i mean how many people actually do that...not many LOL

Posted From: 64.231.208.3
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 3:06 pm:   

im not indian and going into the movie i had no expectations...even though i knew it was from Gurindar who directed Bend it Like Beckham which i love but i didnt think to much of this movie ahead of time so i guess thats why im not to dissppointed. i loved the bollywood and hollywood clashing it was good.

i also like how they played on stereotypes of people in india and of people in the west. for example americans are supposed to be dumb so they make darcy's mom dumb and naive. while the indian person is supposed to be smart so they make Ash's character smart. also the lalita's mom, i thought she was hilarious just like the mother in bend it like beckham :D

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 24.255.169.91
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 2:40 pm:   

The movie to me was good, but not great either. The first time I watched it, it was a bit dissappointing only because my expectations were high. The other times I watched it, the better I liked it and appreciate the movie as it is.

Although, I didnt like the beach scene of Take Me To Love when all those people started coming to Lalita and William. It was REALLY weird and awkward, atleast to me it was.

I agree, I thought it was going to be more interesting, but it is what it is. Overall I give it a 8.4/10. Maybe after watching a few more times, the more I'll like it. Right now, I'll settle it for a B.
:D

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 24.255.169.91
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 2:32 pm:   

I am not Indian and I know the answer to that question. No, I'm sure not all Indian parents are that way. Like all (if not most) parents in all cultures, they want the best suitor for their kids even if that means finding a guy you know that could take care of your child.

You are right, Lalita's mom was really over the top at times, but that is what her part is suppose to be like. This IS based on the book and I haven't read the book, but I think for the most part Lalita's mom was the same way (in the book).
:D

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 141.233.163.20
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 11:31 am:   

Another question. I'm just wondering since I'm not India or whatever but in Bride & Prejudice, it seems like all the India people ever cared about was finding a husband and getting hitched. I'm not trying to insult you guys but is this what it's really all about in the Indian culture? Sheesh, lalita's mom ??? are all mothers like that?

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 141.233.163.20
Posted on Wednesday, July 20, 2005 - 11:29 am:   

I think that movie is just another typical romance. The rich guy falls for the girl + girl plays hard to get = they get married. I thought it was gonna be more interesting than that. Sure, the background and clothes was nice but not a very interesting storyline.

karen (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 193.188.105.23
Posted on Wednesday, July 13, 2005 - 12:50 pm:   

cn anyone mail me d lyrix of 'take me to luv',plz??

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 65.2.85.144
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 4:32 pm:   

Anyways, like I said before, all songs were NOT sang by any of the actors in the film. No Aishwarya did not personally sing any of them in the studio or on set. Gurinder initially wanted them to try sing the english versions but in the end they went with lip-synching to recorded music by professional artists.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 207.232.132.67
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 11:33 am:   

totally agree that ash did a way better job than martin!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.20.8
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 11:16 am:   

Awww poor Martin... - NO ASH SANG THE ENGLISH SONGS, but lip-syched them on the film set. That's what all Actors/Actresses in Hollywood do for musicals. They sing before hand, then they lip synch on set. Ash did that for the english songs def - not sure abt the Hindi ones. :-)

Posted From: 67.70.22.114
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 4:51 am:   

that martin guy is a horrible actor...Ash kept the film going. she did a great job! :-)

but like Ash, Martin could do modelling...he has the face for it:P

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 207.232.132.67
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 4:35 am:   

thank you so much for the information!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 65.2.85.144
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 4:35 am:   

No they were all lip-synched. Initially they were to do the singing in the film but since Martin got shy they decided to lip-synch all the songs instead.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.20.8
Posted on Tuesday, May 17, 2005 - 12:13 am:   

I think she definitely sang the english songs on it, but her Hindi one at the beginning may have been sung by her and/or another singer.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 64.12.117.11
Posted on Monday, May 16, 2005 - 5:34 pm:   

hey everyone,
i was just wondering if ash sings on the bride and prejudice soundtrack or not. does she sing for other things? she did a great job in the movie and i can't wait for it to come out!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree | Search | Help | Credits Administration
Fan Club
Chat Room
Guestbook
Message Boards
Merchandise
Wallpapers