Press Room
Personal Info
Family Pictures
Charity Page
In The News
Advertising
Out of topic mssgs. Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Official Aishwarya Rai Message Board » Miscellaneous » Out of topic mssgs. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Muztaba Seraji (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 203.91.152.59
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 8:30 am:   

To Nazirp: You're also requested to note that as fans we've also the right to speak that may seem to be criticism on your comments. As fans we also should be able to speak our mind.

As a fan you're quite frustrated (According to your post) to see her in Bride & Prejudice. We the rest of the fans also get disappointed to see your criticism because we love to see her in that movie. Most of all our princess was happy to perform in that movie which was top 1 in UK and within top 5 in most of the western countries.
It is also disgusting to see your such_boring posting again and again.

Arijit Bhattacharya (Aishzone)
Username: Aishzone

Posted From: 61.246.8.139
Posted on Friday, December 16, 2005 - 3:51 am:   

If you look at her films and the chronological order in which they were released, then you won't be able to pick even one movie, which she shouldn't have done.

There may be as many opinions as are mouths, however, the fact remains that by the grace of God Aishwarya Rai has the ability to make/take right and timely decisions. :-)

Margo (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 67.70.20.38
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 8:48 pm:   

nazrip what can i say...all i know is that Ash will do what she wants, and as fans we just gotta support her! :D which is what i do...i support all that she does and i know shell make the right decisions for herself, she is very true to herself and will choose the roles which she sees best fit. so you are not to worry about this whole hollywood/bollywood thing

nazirp (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 72.137.219.174
Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 4:41 pm:   

Meantime I know that Yashraj films will do justice to her talent and that there is a really good role in Dhoom 2 and then Umrao Jaan has already started filming. These two should surely bring out the best of Aish. And I also hope that she gets better Hollywood movies. I also hope that she does not have a minor role in The Last Legion like what Mallika Sherawat had in The Myth. And all you fans does anyone know what happened to The Mistress of Spices ?

Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 4:40 pm:   

I hope that Sanjay Leela Bhansali offers her a good role in his next venture. He really does justice to Aish and the whole movie. And please note that any comments are not necessarily criticism. We as fans should be able to speak our mind. Not all my comments may be agreeable. As a fan I am quite frustrated that a Pride and Prejudice gets nominations and Bride and Prejudice does not. There has to be a good reason. We need to have a open talk.

Posted on Thursday, December 15, 2005 - 4:39 pm:   

The canvas of Aishwarya Rai is larger than life.
The beauty and talent has to be captured in movies that are commercially successful. Nothing less than that is expected. In Devdas and HDDCS
Aishwarya was a part of solid screenplay and where she could show her talent not only in the drama part but dancing as well.
Whether it be Hollywood or Bollywood she deserves the best scripts. Even in a Kajra Re she proved how good she is.But that is just one song.
Raincoat and the likes may give her the chance to act but there is no commercial element. I really do believe that Aishwarya should not waste her precious time in such movies which are at best viewed by a very selective audience.

Posted From: 64.231.191.22
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 3:31 pm:   

so there is no need to worry that Ash isnt finding roles that will cash in box office success in hollywood because Ash may have been acting in bollywood for 10 years but shes only been in hollywood for like 1. so it will take time, but as far as im concerned...shes making GREAT progress. doing a $75 million dollar film as your second hollywood movie...WoW! when halle berry started she had to fight tooth and nail to play a drunk in her first movie!

hehe so dont worry nazrip..time will only tell! as a fan just keep on supporting her and wishing her the best of luck in everything she does! :D btw...dont you think her and Marty made such a hot couple in B&P?! LOLL

OmG..ive written an essay LOL

Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 3:30 pm:   

Ash has always said she likes to explore the world of filming that is why she has done so many types of films even in bollywood and that hollywood is only an extension of that. believe me Ash has what it takes to make it in hollywood, beauty (DUHHH!!) brains (some people in hollywood severely lack that, thank God she doesnt :D) and of course TALENT. in that scope she is a triple threat..she never said she was abandoning bollywood either as india is her home and will forever be. she has like who knows how many movies lined up until the end of 2007, both indian and english.

Steven Thomas NY (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 67.84.63.92
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 4:30 pm:   

WOW MARGO
EXCELLENT JOB

this is why aishwarya emailed you 2 times and NEVER emailed me!! hahaha
look at you!!! very well done
i agree with everything you said 100%
i just didnt know how to say what i wanted to say..there was way too much, and you covered it all
good job

Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 3:23 pm:   

thirdly, in any industry whether bollywood or hollywood there will be barriers. believe me if it took about 73 years to give a black woman an oscar (Halle Berry WOOOHOOOO :D) then who knows how long itll take them to give another woman of color another oscar. but lets look on the bright side, if it wasnt for that historical win of Halle Berry, then it would be tough for even African Americans to make it in hollywood. but Halle Berry's win kicked down that door for people of color to explore the world of hollywood and you know what its great to see that Ash is doing so. Ash doesnt need hollywood to justify the fact that she is a great actress, she is the Queen of Bollywood and in no way is bollywood inferior to hollywood, acting is acting all around the world and there are many bollywood actors that can stand on the same level as many of hollywood's great, for example Amitabh Bachan.

Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 3:18 pm:   

secondly, Ash has a whole bunch of movies on the way that will get worldwide exposure especially The Last Legion, a $75 million dollar movie, they are going to want to get that money back and more in terms of box-office sales and thank God for Ash's exposure this year, shell probably be at the front in terms of exposure because this is a very different role for her, not only is it a hollywood movie but she is playing a warrior...i seriously never imagined Ash playing a warrior..i dont know about you lol but Ash puts 110% into what ever she is doing and it always translates on screen...and believe me directors in hollywood will be watching and they will act accordingly :-)

Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 3:14 pm:   

LOL...ahaahha, very well done steven. moi doesnt know what to say now! hehehhehe well let me start off by saying...whether Ash is doing hollywood or bollywood movies, she is very particular about what types of roles she wants to do ;)

In terms of Ash doing hollywood movies, Ash may be a huge star in bollywood but she is a baby in hollywood. People like Zhang Ziyi and Keira have been in hollywood alot longer than Ash, Zhang Ziyi has been in hollywood even longer than Keira ever since Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, so this whole buzz around Memoirs of A Geisha probably recieving golden globe nominations etc doesnt particularly surprise me that she herself got a nod :D With that said, Ash has only done one hollywood movie and she has plenty on the way...she has done a wide range of roles in bollywood and believe me i dont see her stopping that trend in hollywood.

Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 2:21 pm:   

because nazirp i understand what your trying to say.. i agree with you somewhat, but i also think what ash is doing now is just fine..i like it how she picks her movies by the storylines etc. margo will take over from here, and hopefully fill in what im trying to say..
since shes pretty good at that haha

Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 2:17 pm:   

nazirp i appreciate your view
but you see..it is nice how aishwarya atleast picks her roles..and story's
HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE STORYLINE FOR PROVOKED?
i am DYING TO SEE THAT!!! i know im going to be CRYING watching that movie, that storyline is such a powerful one, and it's good that aishwarya goes for scripts that mean something to her

if provoked works out great then it will be a hit

bride and prejudice was a little hard because the western audience over here is not really into the whole musical movie like that...but with something like LAST LEGION, PROVOKED, MISTRESS OF SPICES, those are something a little more eye catching..
aishwarya shouldn't just be a big hit star by movies like fantastic four etc.
by her picking her movies, she can be known for that movie..i dont even know if im making sense right now, i know what i want to say, but i cant say it right...margo want to help me?! hahaha

Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 1:07 pm:   

Surely Aishwarya Rai is far more capable. But no white or African American is gonna see her playing some Indian character in The Mistress of Spices. If you are to act in Hollywood movies you have to know the pulse of the public. Aishwarya Rai could do roles such as what Jessica Alba did in The Fantastic Four. Or act in movies like the kind Jodie Foster has done. Her last movie Flightplan , Panic Room
Hell there were no obscene scenes and yet look how well they did at the box office.
So it is not like you have to strip in all hit box office Hollywood movies.
I am a diehard Aish fan. It is just I am frustrated that how she hasn't been able to make use of her worldwide exposure

Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 1:05 pm:   

Aishwarya said in an interview that it is not easy to get roles in Hollywood. Certainly if she is registered with a good agency then it is their task to find good movies and good roles for her. Or is the fact that she is restricted from roles and movies because Hollywood movies demand some love scenes.
India couldn't even get one movie out of the three selected.
Pride and Prejudice even got nominated for Best Musical-Comedy.
And just what happened to the completed Mistress of Spices ?
Aishwarya has had a full year of immense free publicity. The world over. Very few get that.
I just hope that her agency gets her some solid roles in big time box office Hollywood movies acting opposite some known stars. Sophia Loren and others like her that followed were not even the typical American accented Heroines and look how well they did in Hollywood.

Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2005 - 1:01 pm:   

I had posted a while back about why Aishwarya Rai
should be very selective with her Hollywood movies. Look at Bride and Prejudice. Well now there is Pride and Prejudice out and guess what.
"Pride & Prejudice" star Keira Knightley gets the Golden Globe nomination as well as the movie.
And Aish is far more beautiful. Gurinder should have made Pride and Prejudice instead of the silly Bride and Prejudice. Even that actress who is not a typical Hollywood star , Ziyi Zhang gets nominated for her role in Memoirs of a Geisha (2005)

poet (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 209.42.42.204
Posted on Sunday, December 11, 2005 - 9:03 am:   

hope is but a gift of borrowed time
and where i choose to spend it
i am not allowed...
t

Posted From: 61.246.9.170
Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2005 - 2:28 pm:   

Out of topic mssgs. from
Official Aishwarya Rai Message Board » Aishwarya Rai » So where is Aishu these days?

Posted From: 64.231.210.184
Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2005 - 1:08 pm:   

LOLL i dont know about you...but me and my friend said that when we go to india. shes going to SRK's house and is going to sit at the gate..while i go to Ash's house and sit at the gate LOLL surely someone will open it for me!!

Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2005 - 11:45 am:   

ive been to shah rukh khans house before
well not like inside, but i got to see the front of it, because infront of his house theres like a place where people can just sit and take pictures and just literally sit there all day and look at it

is this how aishwarya's house is?
do people like literally just sit there infront of her house??

nishen (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 193.69.116.85
Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2005 - 4:49 am:   

i dreamed of miss rai again last night(Dream number 31), but i cant remember what i dreamed. dont worry ash fans, i will kick myself 4 you lol. wen i meet miss rai it will be a dream come true(literally) hehe. hey margo wats hapnin? hows da exams goin?}}

karishman (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 59.182.22.8
Posted on Monday, December 5, 2005 - 11:08 pm:   

Well, if u get to meet her that is awesome
But here we live in Mumbai nearly around where she lives and still cannot meet her!!! SIGH
what a cruel world

Posted From: 64.231.208.108
Posted on Sunday, December 4, 2005 - 3:36 pm:   

*sighs* your so lucky Ashfan that im envious lol! but i hope you get to meet her! good luck!

Ashfan (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 59.95.162.142
Posted on Sunday, December 4, 2005 - 2:25 pm:   

Hey People i am so happy she is in my city JAIPUR Yippee
I am trying to meet her let's c if i can get the arrangement done. As she is leaving for mumbai but will be back for the shoot again.
Will post few snaps if get to meet her
Wish me luck Bye

Posted From: 202.89.67.210
Posted on Wednesday, December 7, 2005 - 2:43 pm:   

Out of topic mssgs. from
Official Aishwarya Rai Message Board » Aishwarya Rai » Aishu declares 58th Cannes Film Festival open

Posted on Tuesday, December 6, 2005 - 4:52 pm:   

hahahahaha margo tooo funny!

Posted From: 67.70.20.212
Posted on Monday, December 5, 2005 - 7:11 pm:   

WoW!! Where the heck have you been..living under a rock LOL im sure you must have heard of THE LAST LEGION! She plays nothing close to an indian...she plays a roman warrior named Mira... MOS i think will be coming out in feb. as for provoked no idea. right now shes shooting umrao jaan and dhoom 2. in april, she will start the disney movie Mr.Surprises/Rearranged...i wonder who the male lead actor will be *cough cough martin* LOLL sorry i couldnt help it

nazir (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Monday, December 5, 2005 - 6:28 pm:   

Aishwarya Rai should stop acting in Hollywood movies that require her to play Indian characters.
I really believe that such roles have no acceptance by the white and african american audience. Instead she should opt for roles like the one Salma Hayek played in Sahara or that actress Amber Valetta in Hitch. When is the Mistress of Spices ever gonna release or is it going straight to DVD ? I am her fan but play Indian characters in Indian movies and opt for American characters in Hollywood movies.

simmyrai75 (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 192.228.141.173
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 5:27 pm:   

there is a picture of her in the message board too.check out under misc topic aishu centernery bash.picture taken with ash, ash's dad & her.

Posted From: 67.70.93.9
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 5:25 pm:   

here it is lol

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/5310/12nr.jpg

simmyrai75 (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 192.228.141.173
Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 5:19 pm:   

you can check out this website www.indiaglitz.com.

a picture of her and ash's mom is there.

Posted on Thursday, December 22, 2005 - 12:45 pm:   

who is her sister in law??
do you have a pic of her? she must be georgous

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree | Search | Help | Credits Administration
Fan Club
Chat Room
Guestbook
Message Boards
Merchandise
Wallpapers