Press Room
Personal Info
Family Pictures
Charity Page
In The News
Advertising
Ash's weightgain?? Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Official Aishwarya Rai Message Board » Board Q & A » Ash's weightgain?? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Arijit Bhattacharya (Aishzone)
Username: Aishzone

Posted From: 61.246.7.214
Posted on Tuesday, October 11, 2005 - 11:54 pm:   

Excerpt: -

"Do you know, I had never worked out, never made any effort to lose weight. I'm a total foodie with a sweet tooth, and I've never tried to control my diet. During Bride & Prejudice and Raincoat the directors did want me to look a little heavy for my characters. But for Last Legion and Dhoom 2 I had to close it. Nothing stipulated in the contract or anything, please! But just something I thought I needed to do."

Source : http://www.santabanta.com/cinema.asp?pid=8394

ashley (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 209.94.223.188
Posted on Monday, October 3, 2005 - 2:54 pm:   

guys she put on weight for her movie provoked....but she has lost all now! she looks fine as hell, as usual!

JPT (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 172.212.107.40
Posted on Friday, September 23, 2005 - 3:23 pm:   

hello, people. it's not the first time i come across a discussion on this issue. could anyone base it on some evidence, please? are there any pictures showing Ash's weight gain? otherwise, how would you know? because she's very slim on all the photos of this website. any links, please?

Margo (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 67.70.93.42
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 12:49 pm:   

well i dont think she listened to anyone i think she just knew on her own that she needs to drop the pounds that she gained for B&P and provoked. besides shes shooting a movie now called the last legion and she needed to get in amazing shape for it because she plays warrior ;)

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 80.44.160.208
Posted on Tuesday, September 20, 2005 - 11:16 am:   

I think she has listened to all the people because apparently she has been working out really hard for a super sexy body for the film Dhoom 2!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 144.134.127.112
Posted on Monday, September 5, 2005 - 10:03 pm:   

i think that it is great that aish is putting on weight. it is wonderful to see that she is natural in her weight. its bad enough bollywood is practically turning into hollywood these days. we don't want the actresses to look like hollywood ones too. she is who she is and it makes other people be who they are. how many kids are upset at themselves becuase they want to look like some actress but can't because they are as skinny as a stick and they think they are fat, when i see aish natural, i feel good about myself too that we are all perfect the way we are. aish shouldn't loose weight and she would just be giving into the hollywood look.

Michael Alexander Kearsley (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 84.43.43.145
Posted on Tuesday, August 30, 2005 - 5:21 pm:   

She still looks stunning, just different - models tend to be rather skinny anyway while models.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.20.8
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 1:05 pm:   

Yeah I know you didn't Margo. My post was referring to remmy's post.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 202.22.158.102
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 8:38 am:   

And what do u think about...loving disaster

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 207.200.116.202
Posted on Friday, June 17, 2005 - 12:49 am:   

people definately need to lighten up a bit. i mean cus people get all crazy when someone is too skinny, they automatically think they have an eating disoreder. when they gain some weight, everyone starts ridiculing them. i wish society could find a nice balance and let everyone be who they want to be.

Posted From: 64.231.212.203
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 8:53 pm:   

WoW this just turned into something else completly! Im really just assuming its for a movie, I believe in no time she will be back to her normal weight :P

courier (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 24.101.57.56
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 6:30 pm:   

LOL It is impossible to maintain the same weight. It keeps varying. We are putting too much pressure on Ash. Can't she even gain weight? We are nobody to say that. It's just a sign of obsession with physical appeareance as it exists in the Western World. Just look at the number of people suffering from anorexia!
BTW Guruji not in a good mood? Relax! One day we have to let go of everything! Remember that! Where are you?

Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 1:35 pm:   

i never said it undermines her as a role model or even an actress. im just wondering why the sudden weight gain? thats all, besides im even assuming she needed to gain weight for her role. maybe she even needed to gain weight for provoked as a woman who is in jail. i dont know because,i know she isnt really that big. and even if she did loose weight shes not that skinny any,i think we have already estblished that she is curvalicious!!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 5:31 am:   

no she doesn't. Sorry to say, but you all need to stop being facists. There's nothing wrong with havng a bit of a tummy - and it's not even that bad. And it doesn't undermine her abilities as a role model, if anything, it makes her even more of one to show she isn't weight conscious and not unhealthily obese at the same time.

remmy (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 168.120.93.35
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 3:26 am:   

I agree she needs to do something about her tummy its not nice for a superstar and rolemodel like her

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, June 16, 2005 - 12:59 am:   

Yeah she has but who cares?
It really doesn't matter. It's not at a point where it's bad for her health anyway.

Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 9:10 pm:   

thats not even it, she HAS gained weight. if shes like 120 pounds...thats not fat at all because shes tall and she is curvy. but she has definately gained weight.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 24.69.255.236
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 7:19 pm:   

shes fine but she should not wear outfits which make her look fat. when shes all covered up she looks very skinny!

Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 6:25 pm:   

I have a really good feeling its for a movie, I mean sometimes actors do that. They will come out in public all fat or really skinny or with different color hair and stuff. And we are like OMG...what happened to them? But at the end of the day its because of a movie. I hope that is Ash's excuse...because that is a HUGE weightgain right there!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 65.49.145.5
Posted on Wednesday, June 15, 2005 - 6:06 pm:   

I dunno BUT AISH PLEASE LOOSE WEIGHT! YOUR STOMACH AND BACK NEED TO BE TONED

Posted on Tuesday, June 14, 2005 - 6:19 pm:   

Okay, Im glad I wasnt the only one that noticed because some on aishwarya-forever noticed too, but it seems like at the IIFA in Amsterdam that Ash has gained weight! Like I mean its not a lot but its a weight gain, and Im just curious to know...does anyone know why?

My guess is because maybe for Provoked she needed to gain weight or maybe for her next role she needs to gain weight.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Friday, May 6, 2005 - 5:34 am:   

Yeah, and Ash is strongly against dieting, although she started to watch what she ate to get her weight back to it's original value.
Aishwarya is now back to her original natural weight, and continues to eat to her heart's content like always (without red meat I heard somewhere.)

Muztaba Seraji (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 203.91.152.52
Posted on Thursday, May 5, 2005 - 5:57 pm:   

And she is now back to her previous weight 122 lbs again.

Posted From: 70.49.91.234
Posted on Thursday, May 5, 2005 - 5:34 pm:   

if you check on the fact or fiction page, there is an explanation for her weight gain in bride and prejudice. i noticed it too, but after reading what they said...i understand. she gained weight just for the role :-) sometimes actors have to do that...hey, look at charlize theron in Monster. I didnt even know it was her she gained SO much weight, but now shes back to normal :-)

link:
http://aishwaryaworld.com/fof2.html#SUBJECT%20-%20 WEIGHT%20GAIN

admirers (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 12.47.84.134
Posted on Thursday, May 5, 2005 - 4:52 pm:   

i think ash is still beautiful but has gotta watch her figure now. ash said she does not work out but its high time for her to start now.it was very obvious in bride and prejudice that she has gained a lot of weight around her stomach.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree | Search | Help | Credits Administration
Fan Club
Chat Room
Guestbook
Message Boards
Merchandise
Wallpapers
Screensavers
Suggestion Box
My Links
Contact Me

PRIVACY  |  TERMS OF SERVICE