Press Room
Personal Info
Family Pictures
Charity Page
In The News
Advertising
Barathanatiyam and Yoga Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Official Aishwarya Rai Message Board » Board Q & A » Barathanatiyam and Yoga « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Margo (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 70.49.89.46
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 5:07 pm:   

hehehhe, yeah i just did my buddhism test on monday. i think i failed because i never paid attention...buddhism didnt interest me as much. but i understand the "hinduisms daughter religion" because the buddha was hindu and he was part of the kshtriya (excuse the spelling) caste but then he left, etc.

but yeah, we are onto judaism now. which is cool because its similar to christianity...some big differences but similar.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.20.8
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 2:48 pm:   

hmmm I don't think karma can be in every religion - religion's like the Abrahamic ones think differently on things like Reincarnation, which are all tied in with Karma. Things like cycles and rebirth and stuff. But they might have amalgamated them into their religions recently. I don't know. Anyway, yes, Karma is a sanskrit word, and it's more complex than "actions have consequences". It is found in Hinduism and Buddhism (Hinduism's daughter religion). Hope I was of some Help. :-)

Posted From: 70.49.89.46
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 12:22 pm:   

ohhhh....well thats kool. thanxs for the information. i can understand that people would probably take advantage of the caste system in a negative way. but oh well, what can we do. there will always good and bad people.

hehehhe, i think karma is in every religion now just thinking about it, even in christianity. this will now be a discussion in world religions class :D lol

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, May 11, 2005 - 4:42 am:   

Some Hindus failed the Hinduism test? LOL you know I'm not surprised. That is really horrible to say, but there are some Indians that are so negative and spiteful, especially towards Ash that you know they've clearly forgotten what it means to be Hindu (not to think bad thoughts and negatively coz it's bad karma.) I like Religious studies too. I'm a bit of a multi linguist too hehe.
About the castes, you can't become a "caste." people believed that you had to be born into a caste to be of that caste. But Hinduism is losing the caste system because it's been badly abused. It was originally there to just give a sense of job hierarchy, just so everyone had a job and got on with it - so that everything got done. But with colonial invasions came discrimination, prejudices, and eventually "castes" got stigmatised. RIDICULOUS REALLY. it's still there today.

Posted From: 64.231.223.162
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 2:58 pm:   

hehehehe, i learned about bhakti yoga, janana yoga, and karma yoga in world religions for hinduism. the 4 paths to salvation, if i recall my memory. i loved the hinduism unit even though im not hindu but christian. i thought it was so cool to learn about it, its very complex which for some reason i liked lol but yeah, its a very interesting religion. i slaughtered the test too...my teacher was saying even some hindus in her class failed the hinduism test LOL

but i do have one question...how do you become a part of the brahmin caste in todays society. because what we learned is that the brahmin castes are like priests and stuff. but someone said that aishwarya is part of the brahmin. whether that is true or not but yeah lol

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 8:35 am:   

I knew most of that. Interesting. I stand corrected. Thank you messenger, O DEAR, you are now the master. LOL. But yeah, she didn't state exactly what type of yoga she does - it could be bakthi yoga or any of the others. Meditation is part of Bakthi yoga.. And you forgot ones like Karma yoga and Kundalini yoga hehe. There are others like Raja, Jnana, Tantric etc. She could be doing any one of those. And Yoga is not done to lose weight - yes Hatha is physical exercises, but for an altogether different purpose than losing weight. And losing weight was the context of the questions. There are around 40 yoga types, but many more I'm told. :-)

http://www.herbalhealing.co.uk/yoga_types.htm

Messenger (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 24.101.58.14
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 4:59 am:   

BTW, Laya Yoga is not for the faint at heart. You can LITERALLY GO CRAZY IF YOU ARE NOT MATURE ENOUGH TO HANDLE THE EXPERIENCES.

messenger9090@yahoo.com

Messenger (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 24.101.58.14
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 4:50 am:   

Hmm. I think there are 4 different kinds of Yoga. Hatha Yoga, Raja Yoga, Laya Yoga and Bhakti Yoga. What people
refer as Yoga is actually Hatha Yoga. physical exercises.

Bhakti Yoga is the easiest and the most popular in India. Like doing the rituals,festivals,etc. The most difficult is Laya Yoga which consists of advanced meditation techniques. Only a very few master it and is TRULY spiritual.
Master, I hope I clarified your confusion that you were not aware of.

messenger9090@yahoo.com

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2005 - 1:13 am:   

I have watched that movie - she CAN dance, her choreography was such for that film that there wasn't so much she had to do, I mean Kannamoochi is not exactly a bharathanatyam song is it.
She has said in her interviews she does a little yoga. And yoga is an exercise of spirituality, not an exercise of PHYSICAL FITNESS, which was the context mean't in all those exercise questions in her t.v. appearances
And yes, I DO THINK lots of people in film do yoga.

Posted From: 64.231.208.21
Posted on Saturday, May 7, 2005 - 1:01 pm:   

OMG, Aishwarya can SO dance. who ever said her dance movements are not "fluid" you obviously dont know what you are saying. i just watched devdas yesterday and i was like floored in how well she can dance. and im sure she practices yoga, so many celebritties practice yoga because it allows them to relax and be calm, since they are always on the go and busy.

ahahahahah...TROLLS!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that was too funny!!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Saturday, May 7, 2005 - 12:52 am:   

Well then you obviously don't know what yoga or bharatha natyam are exactly, and I'm sorry to say you need to get your eyes checked. Having done bharatha natyam and doing yoga for ages, I say Her dancing is incredibly fluid, and watching taal it is very safe to assume she did training in Bharatha Natyam and does do yoga. I've seen pics of her in bn costumes when she was younger anyway. Or maybe you're just one of those trolls who likes to discredit some one at every opportunity.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 67.180.65.253
Posted on Friday, May 6, 2005 - 8:40 pm:   

Yea, Aishwarya is non-vegetarian.. also, I HIGHLY doubt she does yoga OR has had training in Bharatanatiyam. One of the funniest things is she can't dance that well.. I mean.. her movements are not that fluid.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, May 5, 2005 - 1:35 am:   

WE ALL KNOW ASH IS NOT VEGETARIAN!!
We watched the 60 minute interview. I don't know about unofficial sightings, but as far as I know, she does not eat red meat, but eats chicken (poultry) and sea food, and she likes her vegetables and fruits too, being the indian that she is.

Kapil F (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 66.9.8.109
Posted on Wednesday, May 4, 2005 - 8:38 pm:   

Aishu is definitely not a vegetarian. She was spotted in a French restaurant recently, ordering a whole squab (young pigeon) for dinner! I heard that she has become more "non veg" during her recent travels.

Arijit Bhattacharya (Aishzone)
Username: Aishzone

Posted From: 221.134.59.69
Posted on Sunday, March 27, 2005 - 11:04 pm:   

yeah, I figured that out when Aishu went to Siachen to boost the morale of Indian Army. NDTV 24*7 aired that program (Jai Jawan) on Dec 31, 2004 and I had honour and pleasure of recording it.

Aishu named a special chicken dish as her favourite. She likes the way mom cooks it and it is Tulu specialty.

Samir (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 66.9.8.109
Posted on Saturday, March 26, 2005 - 9:45 pm:   

Just have an update. Aish is not a vegetarian. She was in NY for the screening of Bride and Prejudice, and I am told that she relished the non-veg food...she had some veggies and then shifted to eating the veal parmigiana and the boneless chicken breast. She even went for a second helping! Lucky chicken :-)

simmyrai75 (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 192.228.141.162
Posted on Tuesday, April 20, 2004 - 12:03 am:   

Thanks for the quick reply arijit.You guys are really awesome.

David (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 83.154.103.103
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 9:13 am:   

I love your links Arijit, especially the second one for the funny comments (Ash is fun ) and the last one because it is interesting to know about the like and dislike of our favorite stars.

Arijit Bhattacharya (Aishzone)
Username: Aishzone

Posted From: 61.17.115.6
Posted on Monday, April 19, 2004 - 4:16 am:   

See the Personal Info page of this site

Classical Dance: Aishu is trained in Bharatnatyam. I am not sure how many years of training she had though. She just loves dancing. Have you seen her "Thoda Sa Pagla" number from Aur Pyar Ho Gaya. Just look at the way she performed in her first Hindi film. Aishu is just Aishu. No words of praises are good enough for her.

Yoga: I think she does. That sequence in Taal was really awesome! I attempted it and got trimmed down in a day Aishu should have given a public notification "You are requested not to imitate me, otherwise you may need medical attention" Fortunately I didn't need it.

Can she sing?: Have u seen Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam? She sings Bhavai and Garba(Gujrati Folk) She also sang "Mere sanso me basa hai" from her movie Aur Pyar Ho Gaya in a TV show Jeena Isi Ka Naam Hai. This is one of my favourite songs.
Aishu could have easily been an established playback singer, if she wanted to.
Here is the link of an interesting article that appeared in Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cms.dll/html/un comp/articleshow?msid=248936

vege or non-vege: Even I want to find this out. Aishu can't resist chocolates and ice creams though. I think she can appreciate best of both worlds. Here is an interesting link
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/535 951.cms

Favourite colour: I am quoting Aishu It is simplicity and elegance. I was always easy about dressing. Comfort is the main criterion. My clothes are never extravagant. I like to believe I'm multi-faceted and each outfit at each place has to reflect a different aspect. I like a very minimalist look, with minimum accessories. My favourite colours are white, reds and blues.
Source: http://www.mtvindia.com/mtv/movies/features/starns tyle/aishwarya.php3
I also read that she likes black.

simmyrai75 (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 192.228.141.162
Posted on Sunday, April 18, 2004 - 8:38 pm:   

For how long had Ash learned the Indian Classical Dance?Does she practise YOga.In TAAL she could really bend her body. Can she sing? Is she a vegetarian or non vege?What's her favourite color?

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree | Search | Help | Credits Administration
Fan Club
Chat Room
Guestbook
Message Boards
Merchandise
Wallpapers
Screensavers
Suggestion Box
My Links
Contact Me

PRIVACY  |  TERMS OF SERVICE