Press Room
Personal Info
Family Pictures
Charity Page
In The News
Advertising
ash's appearance on oprah Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Official Aishwarya Rai Message Board » Aishwarya Rai » ash's appearance on oprah « Previous Next »

Thread Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Arijit Bhattacharya (Aishzone)
Username: Aishzone

Posted From: 221.134.56.130
Posted on Monday, June 6, 2005 - 6:07 am:   

Exactly, and the least we could do for her is to support her and speak out for her at each n every opportunity that we get.

dkwiw (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 65.15.95.34
Posted on Sunday, June 5, 2005 - 6:24 pm:   

I really find Ash to be one of the most inspiring and motivating woman of our times. I think that there are some elements in the Indian press that try to take her down no matter what. I love the fact that she was able to stand up to a male dominated industry and hold her own without slinging mud like the others do to her. That shows so much class.

Posted From: 221.134.56.19
Posted on Sunday, June 5, 2005 - 6:24 am:   

The wait is finally over. Watch starworld tonight (Sunday, June 5, 2005) at 8:30 PM IST.

Posted From: 221.134.56.188
Posted on Thursday, May 26, 2005 - 1:05 am:   

in june '05

nick (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 203.94.212.154
Posted on Wednesday, May 25, 2005 - 11:44 pm:   

when is oprah show in which ash is present wil be aired on starworld

Muztaba Seraji (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 203.91.152.41
Posted on Monday, May 2, 2005 - 10:30 am:   

Here is some nice analytical and also a little bit philosophical discussion about her appearance at oprah. Some tried to start false charge against her. And the proper answer was also given. I want to add a little bit here. You see in some messages (still here) some stupid tried to color her as a liar and said it’s a stunt and they already contacted with Oprah and they replied they don’t even they have never even interviewed her let alone airing it, bla, bla. Now they need to change their tone and after a long term scrutiny they succeeded to color her as a liar. But you guys (Fans) spoiled their plan.

Posted From: 221.134.59.246
Posted on Monday, May 2, 2005 - 5:57 am:   

I wonder when it will be aired in India

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 152.163.100.67
Posted on Sunday, May 1, 2005 - 12:52 pm:   

I think her interview was very good and it was nice to be able to see an interview of her. I missed the first two she did on American tv. She did a good job in my eyes.

Margo (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 64.231.215.34
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 9:32 pm:   

her accent is british like...and its all good. my uncle grew up in nigeria and still lives there but has a british accent but he didnt go to school outside of nigeria. so it depends for some people. my cousins lived in nigeria and grew up there but dont have a nigerian accent at all, its more american like lol

i liked her giggling too,it showed she was enjoying herself and comfortable. just like her i laugh all the time...except when something is serious of course :P

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 69.236.159.155
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 8:45 pm:   

it you guys missed any interviews, you download the entire interviews right, it will look better if you have a fast connection. this is the best ash site yet, it has every interview ash has done in america and other.

click here> http://www.aishwarya-forever.com/multimedia/2005tv .html

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 69.236.159.155
Posted on Saturday, April 30, 2005 - 8:40 pm:   

i love her giggling, and i think she's like me with the giggling. once i laugh i can't stop sometimes, and i try too. but i tend to laugh at stupid stuff. and as for her skin tone, it's actually not light, fair or w/e. it's tan, lighting on television makes your skin tone lighter, same in most pictures. my mom went to the oprah show and met oprah, saying oprah skin tone is darker in person. they need lighting so your face can appear nicer without the bumps on ppl's face or wrinkles. and as for her accent, it's british so you can't say her accent is not perfect, because there is the american accent and british and french and so on.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.20.8
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 1:02 am:   

Anyway, yes I wasn't fighting. hehe honest...I am just saying, we don't have to tolerate anything negative on this site coz it's Aishwarya's fansite/official site. If you want to spread nastiness about her, tell your next door neighbour or go on another board. But I can't reassure you that there won't be fans defending her on those too.

Messenger (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 24.101.59.81
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 11:10 pm:   

Oh,
Was very busy at office. please DO send an email.
Western Science has no explanations and completely
ignores the events even though there are references in
the core of Hinduism. Waiting for your email.

messenger9090@yahoo.com

Posted From: 67.70.93.7
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 12:43 pm:   

AHAHAHHAHA, the person who posted something at 11:10 am is a joker! :-) I love what you said, its totally true plus extremely dry towards M (btw, my friend calls me M lol)

Anyways, i agree with Curious, this fighting needs to stop its becoming lame.Some people are just haters and dont appreciate. that is thier problem...one person who doesnt like her out of like 50 million people who do like her...wont hurt her fanbase one bit :P

Its simple if you dont like her then leave this place for people who do, you can always say your b.s on another message board. there are plenty of them on the net who would love to hear what you have to say :-)

Posted From: 67.70.93.7
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 12:33 pm:   

to steve: not really a wrong answer...just you know a mindless thing lol oprah was like your 30 and she said yes, well shes 31...so 30 and 31 not much of a difference. that doesnt count as lying :-)

as for kissing...she might have to do it in hollywood movies, but dont expect to see an all over, lets take our clothes off make out scene. because we know that will NEVER happen...she has too much self respect, some of the hollywood stars lack that (but i still love Halle Berry despite what she did in monster's ball...argh that movie makes me angry)

steve (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 67.84.57.173
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 12:07 pm:   

wait..what?! aishwarya gave the wrong answer about her age?

curious (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 12:03 pm:   

wow..stop fighting with each other...especially over a topic over aishwarya rai...get over it.its kind of sad seeing all you fight over something like that..let everyone have a opinion...not everyone is going to like aishwarya..and if they do..of course there are going to be some negative stuff said about her..no one is perfect..
please no fighting :-)

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 11:14 am:   

I think Aishwarya should definitely be called on Oprah or another talk show again, soon!!!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 11:10 am:   

I'm pathetic? If you say so. Coming from a person obsessed with her giggling! LOL You're not an honest one who sees her for what she is. Otherwise we'd be able to agree with you. Capish?
Anyway, this is getting tedious. Hiding behind the "I'm still an Aish fan" tag won't fool anyone. Otherwise, you'd know she was never called to a U.N. Conference, and you wouldn't have said if she were called it would be just "coz she's a pretty face", coz that's blatantly not true. You also wouldn't have said that her appearance on Oprah made her look like an "airhead", coz that's not true either - and that's a fact. We know a basher when we see one.
Anyway, where is messenger???

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 10:56 am:   

mmm yes I agree with the last posts up till Margo. FURTHERMORE THAT "KISS" WITH VIVEK IN KHGN WAS COMPUTERLY DIGITALISED. She's said that a billion and one times, so did the director and vivek and if you look at the still and the movie, you can see it is. Aishwarya Rai has NEVER done a kissing scene, never done a no clothes scene, and nor does she have intentions to. The shabd scene was suggestive and it's good it fooled ppl but she was wearing LOTS OF clothing in it. She's not lied in this interview, or any others I know of for that matter.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.218.73
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 9:18 am:   

So what if one answer wasnt exactly perfect? like you would be very perfect appearing in Oprah in front of millions of people so hush the bad vibes about her

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 70.49.104.171
Posted on Thursday, April 28, 2005 - 12:28 am:   

Unfortunately I missed the Oprah eposide with Ash on it but I went on the Oprah site to see a short description of the interview. I thought her responses was normal and very nice. As for the hype with the skin whitening product, its not just big in India but also in Hong Kong and in China. I would know because I am Chinese and I visited Hong Kong last year and all the big craze is these skin whitning product. So give Ash a little slack for being diplomatic when she didn't want to go into a whole debate about skin whitening product. Nobody has to answer all questions that are posed to them with a forthcoming answers especially if it is culturally sensitive question or a personal question. I know I don't.

M (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 207.153.53.22
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 8:52 pm:   

Guest 81.153.20.8,
ha ha your pathetic but hey it's all good. I still am and will be an aish fan but I am just an honest one who sees her for what she is. Guess I can see where your coming from. I defend Shah rukh Khan the same way your defending aish! But that's coz he can do NO wrong . CAPISH!
LOL

Posted From: 70.49.90.19
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 5:44 pm:   

wow, people are really reading too much into this interview... *cough cough..eddie* who cares if she said yes to when oprah said she was 30, 30-31...close enough. GOSH, she is not perfect and never will be! She gave a decent answer about the skin lighting issue, as for the never been kissed, i dont know. im not indian so im new to this bollywood. but dont label her as a liar because she is not, people should just drop this. Many of my friends enjoyed the Aishwarya interview, thought she was kind. People need to get over the fact that her engish wont be perfect, she may not always anwer a question perfectly...this doesnt make her less intelligent!

eddie (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 24.83.206.244
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 5:21 pm:   

i think this is the best interview she has give so far, as far as skin lightening think concern, her answer was weak. personally i think oprah asked her as her skin looked white, her real skin is tanned. see her at mistress of spice thing in london at aishwarya-forever thing. she looks brown. her outfit was good. but she is not the best speaker i have seen so far. she even lied about her ages, she is said she is 30 infact she is 31 going on 32. she said she never kissed on screen. what about her song with vivek on khgn and her steamy scene on shabd. i am not against them, but she should not lie

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 3:20 pm:   

It's official - Aishwarya Rai's appearance on Oprah was great - so many Americans and others who watched said they found her classy, down to earth and really intelligent.
I especially liked it when she said the bra thing would look hot, while draping Oprah with the sari. I thought she was so comfortable on Oprah, and really having a fun time, just like Oprah and the audience. Classy, sophisticated and sexy - and she didn't even have to try.

Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 3:08 pm:   

I am hoping she has Ash back on her show, maybe in the fall which is her next season since she is releasing her new movie Mistress of Spices. At least thats what they said on www.aishwarya-forever.com! :P

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 1:18 pm:   

EXACTLY - the audience looked really into it, and they all looked like they had fun. Oprah rules, and she should definitely have Ash back on the show.

Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 12:58 pm:   

Besides, I forgot to say this. The Oprah Audience seemed to have a blast and it certainly seems like a memory that everyone on that show will have in thier mind. Everyone was laughing, joking around and Oprah was interested in what she had to say.

Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 12:50 pm:   

M, move on with the giggling thing and I know that you cant deny that you think she is smart ;) I mean she may not be out of this world intelligent...but WHO IS? And as someone said, if she was called to a UN Conference it wouldnt just be because shes pretty...is because she has brains and beauty. Secondly, the person who said that she doesnt have to come up with the same answers all the time is true. When you are promoting a movie or a hot new person in the industry, there is a good chance youll be asked the same thing over and over again...and for sure, your answer will be the same.
Lets just drop the whole giggling thing...and lets just all come the conclusion that she did a great job on Oprah! :-)

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 10:20 am:   

Anyway, Aishwarya Rai was great on Oprah, as usual!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 10:08 am:   

LOL I don't want my opinions to coincide with yours dear M, because most here actually don't understand what you're coming out with. If she ever was called to a U.N. conference it would be because she is a very influential, charming and intelligent woman, who has talent and beauty to match, not just "coz she's a pretty face."
And this is a fansite and her official site, so we don't have to tolerate anything negative about Aishwarya here...

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 9:59 am:   

She wasn't called to a U.N conference - that's the whole point! What are you coming out with?? I'm saying she's analysed as though she appears on one every time. And I wasn't calling anyone personally jealous, but I agree with some of the other posters on this site when they say that creating negative things to say out of 1 or 2 harmless lines on a t.v. appearance comes from jealousy. That was a general comment. Capish??

M (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 207.153.53.47
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 9:13 am:   

And my dear she was called to the UN conference probably because she is a pretty face and they get more media attention thus more for their cause. Goes for any star in bollywood except amitabh bachan. And of course I am not jealous, that is just a juvenile thing to say. And if you haven't noticed this is a message board to express opinions, mine does not have to coincide with yours. Capish?

M (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 207.153.53.47
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 9:07 am:   

Ha ha okay your post is making me laugh! First of all there is no need to be defensive. Secondly, a lot of the time she giggled in place of the answers that is why I said that. AGAIN there is nothing wrong with giggling. It is just the context in which she does it!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 8:49 am:   

Aishwarya's popularity is growing more and more, and the show was great. But yeah, it's just a t.v. appearance, and really people should stop analysing them like this. Aishwarya is a beautiful person, but she is human, and she's allowed to make mistakes - which she hasn't done yet but if/when it does happen, one shouldn't crucify her.
To me, everytime I see her it makes me smile. More coz when you see so much negativity on screen 24/7 it's so nice to see someone who, despite having to deal with nasty/jealous and premeditated indian/media articles on her, stalkers, etc. etc. she doesn't show it at all, maybe coz she really isn't bothered, she never wears her heart on her sleeve -she always looks positive and is always sweet and polite. That's what I like to see, a beautiful, talented, positive person!.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 8:41 am:   

contd. from below:
There was a question about indian women and skin lightening products, which Ash answered really well considering it was on the spot, and a really sensitive topic that could offend. She DOES NOT under any circumstances use such dumb products, and she made that clear on the show. Then she made Oprah wear a sari she (Ash) brought in. It looked fab, and it was entertaining to watch. They were joking about, the audience had fun, and before it started, sadly it was over. But Ash got a huge hug from Oprah at the end, and another huge applause from the audience at the end.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 8:40 am:   

mmm why don't you download it?? Ok well basically, she was fab as usual. There was a nice intro at the beginning showing photos of her from films like Devdas and Kanduondain *2 etc. There were advert clips, premiere clips, other interview clips etc. etc. Then Oprah called her on. SHE GOT A STANDING OVATION, and they zoomed into people's faces an they looked completely stunned, naturally. lol Ash was wearing a wonderful Armani suit that looked fab - she looks good in everything - she's definitely muliticultural and it's working. Then came questions which she answered sweetly and smartly. She was so natural, and comfortable, and that was helped by the fact she loves Oprah.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 212.85.6.26
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 5:38 am:   

can someone tell me about ash,s appearasnce on oprah? leave no detail un touch n o matter how small pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 12:35 am:   

Well I've said this before too, a person shouldn't have to come up with different answers to the same questions all the time. As an Ash fan, you've seen her other interviews, and if the questions are the same, then she's probably gonna answer the same - it is a great signal to the host to ask a new question to get a new response.
You know what I find, I don't even NOTICE the giggling. It's never out of place. That's how un important it is. People who point that out are blatantly just looking for something to talk about negatively, because there isn't anything else to pick out that could be "bad."
Anyway, giggling doesn't make anyone look less intelligent or less smart. Her responses were absolutely fine. And like I said b4, it's not like she was at a U.N. Conference for god's sakes.
She was great on Oprah!

M (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 207.153.53.38
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 9:42 pm:   

Firstly, I never said it was wrong to giggling. It's the context in which she does it. She doesn't come across as a highly educated person with intelligent witty comments or remarks, for that matter comments which are even interesting! AGAIN I AM AN ASH FAN, ALWAYS WILL BE.

Posted From: 24.101.58.135
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 8:40 pm:   

I think she is FINE. There is absolutely nothing wrong about giggling. Just look at people around you. As we grow up we laugh less and less and end up stiff, stubborn. Only someone who has retained their innocence can laugh like that.
As far as the answers are concerned, well, there are diplomatic. When millions of people are watching you have to be careful with your words.
In India, people stop trains, burn buses because someone made so and so statement. It is very voltaile. So, she has to be careful in what she speaks. There is nothing wrong in it.

BTW Master looks like you got access to a PC. We should chat sometime about events that are inexplicable(events go as far as Mar,2003). I hope you have the heart to come down from the pedestal to meet a student.

messenger9090@yahoo.com

Posted From: 64.231.223.145
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 4:48 pm:   

that is totally GREAT if it is growing because shes amazing. all she can do right now is just to continue to be herself since that is why everyone loves her because they love her personality and who she is as a person. hopefully she wont let this get to her because im sure it gets hard at times but if she doesnt...i wont be surprised if her fanbase starts to get into the billions, literally.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 4:11 pm:   

aww Margo - we are both in agreement. hehe Did you know Sean Penn and Nicole Kidman are also fans now. hehe
Check out the most recent interview with Ash from Times of India

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/108 9393.cms

Nicole and her son loved Bride and Prejudice, and Sean Penn complimented Ash's eloquence amongst her other talents. Like I said time and time before, her fanbase is growing by the second.

Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 3:58 pm:   

I really have to say this but there are some people on this board who i totally respect especially for what they said. Iam NOT indian, but if she has 6 billion fans. I will sure be happy for her and proud to say that i admire her because she is a great woman, who has respect for herself, her country and the world. What more could you ask for or want?

Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 3:44 pm:   

OMG, I so agree with the person whos first line was: And to the person who thinks she dislikes the U.S I totally agree, people need to get thier priorities straight and thnx Aishwarya for doing something good for India. There are plenty of people in India suffering right now because of some of the corruption. I mean I come from 3rd most corrupt country in the world...Nigeria, they are even more corrupt. But people, get over her giggles and just be proud that someone is representing you in the west and that she herself is happy. With this and knowing the love she has for her country, she can even spread awareness and help people view India in a more positive light. So then people like david letterman wont be asking her stupid questions and they wont be asking if people learn english in India!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 3:23 pm:   

Besides everyone thought Aishwarya Rai did a terrific job on Oprah as usual, she was natural, warm, and dignified, I think the Indian media, especially the Times of India are quite proud of her, I think, and why not. And Oprah's a fan too. hehe

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 3:12 pm:   

And again, I'm in agreement with Margo.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 3:09 pm:   

And to the person who thinks she dislikes the U.S.? Making up stuff like that from thin air isn't going to get the majority fooled.
It's funny how the media in India especially THE TIMES OF INDIA, can say there was "a mixed response to Aishwarya's Oprah appearance", based on 5 people's laughable reasons of dislike on a couple of message boards. But to be fair to them, they did mention the fact there will always be a "critic who finds something wrong." Not that giggling can really be described as being something 'wrong'. I say to her Indian detracting minority, If you want to complain about something 'wrong', expose and resolve India's corrupt government parties/ corrupt public institutions and caste complexes before picking on Ash's giggling.

Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 2:57 pm:   

secondly, this is her first time being interviewed on a big NATIONAL american show. obviously she still has more work to do when it comes to interviews but as time goes on, she will adapt more. not only are some people here to quick to judge her on how shes behaving in the west but so are the american public. If anything, the reason for her kind of non enthusiastic answers is because sometimes people ask dumb questions. like on the letterman show he was like....you live in india and its called bollywood...well DUH! david made himself look like an air head more than she did. Besides she was on oprah for about 15 mins....just like the others. But i am sure we'll see her on more times :-)

And hopefully as time goes on she wont be as nervous :-)

Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 2:55 pm:   

im african and but ive lived in canada all my life, but my cousins live in nigeria (west africa) and they have a normal accent, its not nigerian at all but when they come abroad people dont think they studied in nigeria or lived in nigeria...they always think that they went to school in london or something. so its a COMMON MISCONCEPTION that many people have abroad about third world countries...and it was good for her to bring up such an issue.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 2:50 pm:   

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH GIGGLING. I'm sorry but not everyone wants to be a miserable moody misery guts 24/7. I say keep giggling ASH. The criticism of this woman is just absolutely ridiculous. The woman is doing India a massive favour and there are some who are so ungrateful. It's really pathetic. She is doing a great job. And incase you weren't listening, Aishu kept saying "broadly speaking." and she said "opinionated, maybe" She knows, Oprah knows, everyone knows she can't speak for every indian woman on the planet, but what she says is brilliant and so politie. I guess there will always be the odd hater who will never be able to match Aishwarya's heights, but let me tell you Aishwarya Rai doesn't have to change anything about herself, and if that still annoys people, even from her own community, it now means I'll root for her even more.
And it seems like her fan base is growing by the millions. I'm proud of her.

Shalini (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 63.163.211.150
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 1:24 pm:   

I thought Ash did a fantastic Job on Oprah. I missed her Letterman interview but did see the 60 minutes and I much preferred her interview with Oprah. She was a lot more confident and charismatic. She seemed more natural and did not look as nervous. She is new to the hollywood lime light and deserves alot credit to get to where she is. KEEP IT UP ASH. We are proud of you.

American Fan (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 213.60.94.173
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 12:56 pm:   

I´ve been watching the rise and rise of Ash for years now and have always admired the complete person and woman that she is. I´ve never seen her live in interview, and basically got to know her and what she is like through written interviews. She is a very intelligent, focused and balanced person. I´m disappointed that her interview with Oprah showed anything but that according to many of you. I did not see the interview, but I´m sure that even Ash can have moments of being scared, nervous and feeling out of her element. She is in new territory now, and even for Americans it can fiercely overwhelming. Give her a break!!!
Ash, good luck! Go for it! Enjoy it while it lasts! Don´t take hollywood and it´s clones too seriously! And above all else, DO NOT loose yourself while you´re there. Besos, Tenica

ash (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 209.212.94.31
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 12:35 pm:   

I wonder if Oprah really cut off her segment short becuase of her lack of enthusiatic answers.

blabla (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 209.212.94.31
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 12:31 pm:   

I agree that she is beautiful/intelligent but not sure if she knows how to present herself in interviews. When Oprah asked what would indian women think of American women, she replied 'opinionated'. I am an indian and I certainly don't think its true and even if it were true, I wouldn't say that on Oprah show on National TV. I hope the show didn't leave a bad impression of indian women. I hope she lightens up a bit. I read somewhere that her interviews sound like she practiced the interview. I wouldn't mind if thats true, I just wish she would practice right answers.

Who i am to judge her anyway. I wish her luck and hope that she has a succesfull career in Hollywood.

m (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 9:59 am:   

continued from last post Sorry Ash but your 60 mins interview was okay, letterman was just pathetic and this i'm sorry ash. But you should prep a bit more for the interview and for GODS SAKE STOP GIGGLING makes you look bad!

m (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 9:58 am:   

Okay, I am a aishwariya fan but what she had to say was sort of dumb. What misconceptions she wanted to clear up about indians she said that she wanted people to know indians in india can speak english.Ummmm okaY she isn't the first Indian to come to the states maybe in hick towns people don't know that it's just funny. It's bad to say this but she doesn't know enough about living abroad and she judged it wrongly that's probably why oprah cut her segment off after 4 mins because she really had nothing intelligent to say. It's sad because she is a pretty actress with a pretty face but how intelligent is she??? I use to love her and have every video of her. My brother in law use to adore her and the rest of my family only watched aishwariya movies and shah rukh movies but now i don't know kinda ruined the image for me now we all have this image of an air-head.

Desi Gudiya in CA (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 68.127.105.69
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 9:26 am:   

Tad disappointed and appalled at the almost universal echo from desis "she looked beautiful on Oprah." Her outfit: she was wearing an unimpressive ill-fitting all black pant suit. Why couldn't she wear a sexy ghaagra choli and look her best. What's with that hair?

She pretends to dislike US and love indian culture yet all the signals: from clothing to facial expressions scream loudly "I wanna be
americanized"

And then the giggles: in US women with very little to say camouflage with giggles and they happen to be "ditzy gals" - so, no aishwarya needs to get better at selling herself to not just a "crowd" but those that don't believe in the "herd mentality."

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 138.37.104.70
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 9:02 am:   

Oh and oprah rules, along with Aishwarya!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 9:00 am:   

Besides, I thought her "I will cross the bridge when I reach it" line in Oprah was funny - it made me laugh - it was a kind of slight mockery of herself but at the same time it brushed off the question effectively and smoothly. Anyway, I'm not going to get into analysing every line of hers.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 8:54 am:   

well, I think that's more a reflection of the repetitive questions being asked! As an american watching,like me, do you see that in these interviews, it's the questions she's being repeatedly being asked that are the ones she's giving the same answers too? Maybe she wants the viewer to tire of her answers to those questions - it is a reflection of how she's tiring of those particular questions being constantly asked.

steve (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 8:01 am:   

is it just me..or does aishwarya say the same thing over ."Art imitates life...life imitates art" .. "we'll cross the bridge when we reach it" blah blah, its as if she planned it with her manager what to say each time...she should have been more creative and gave better come backs...because for the "americans" watching...they'll notice the same thing from..good morning america,,,the early show..and 60 minutes...and even oprah...im not saying anything bad about ash...god, i love her, and she did a good job (really entertaining to watch) but its the same stuff over and over again.

remember, i have no hard feelings on ash, so i dont want people to take it the wrong way

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 6:15 am:   

I thought it was great, but then I always think that - Aishwarya looked simple and stunning, and sweet. And like always, she was a pleasure to watch. I wish it was for longer too!! hehe maybe if she comes on again, oprah can show more pictures of Ash from her previous movies.

Posted From: 221.134.59.127
Posted on Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 5:01 am:   

Thank you sooo... much 4 the update. :-)

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 64.231.225.65
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 7:28 pm:   

if only it was longer :-( i am going to email oprah and like beg her to have her on again....im sure she will when her status becomes HUGE in hollywood, i hope *crosses my fingers* but i thought it was cool...she makes so much damn money (15 million U.S per movie) but she seems so humble and happy, she doesnt at all seem like a material girl....which is totally cool!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 69.110.234.71
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 6:08 pm:   

heres a link to get the video
http://www.aishwarya-forever.com/home.html
then just scroll down and look, you'll be able to d/l

amit (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 70.80.168.219
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 2:56 pm:   

Oh ya one thing. When thez were showing the show thez show that site with her pictures. And when I was watching I said'I know that site its aishwaryaworld.' She was looking so beautifull on her devdas pictures. Congratulation aishu!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 2:47 pm:   

awww! I wanna see it so much - when are they gonna put it on the website??

amit (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 70.80.168.219
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 2:45 pm:   

Oh my god!!! Aishwarya Rai was so beautifull. I recorded the Oprah show. She so beautifull. (she wears good sari on other)She giggles alot!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 64.231.225.65
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 2:40 pm:   

aahhhhh....booo, i wish she was on for a longer time. since i have online membership for oprah.com im going to like send in a million emails saying she needs to have her on the show again. and for 1 WHOLE HOUR! btw, aishwarya= gorgeousness! for her less is more...really brings out her blue/green eyes.

A.R. (Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 9:36 am:   

Oprah: Do they say we talk too much?

Aishwarya: Opinionated maybe.

Oprah: Do they say we get a lot of divorces?

Aishwarya: Ah, that could be a discussion.

Oprah: You know what, you could be a diplomat!

Check it out if you wish. There is two pictures: one of Aishwarya (close up) and another with Oprah wearing a sari.

http://www.oprah.com/tows/slide/200504/20050425/sl ide_20050425_101.jhtml

That is the link. Enjoy!
:-)

Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 9:36 am:   

Oprah: We did a show recently where we were looking at women around the world, and we were talking to French women at a cafe. … They said [Americans] are all fat.

Aishwarya: I'm from India, I wouldn't say that because Indian people, Indian people eat well, we're well endowed.

Oprah: Do they say we're rude?

Aishwarya: No, Indian people are very hospitable.

Oprah: Do they say we talk too much?

Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 9:35 am:   

Oprah: I think you're gorgeous. When you look at yourself, do you see that?

Aishwarya: To me, beautiful is as beautiful does. I think that's what speaks volumes. It isn't about the apparent gig. It's about what you do.

Wholesome and deeply religious, Ash, as she's known, is fashionably hip and quite sexy. "Actually," she says, "I don't think I'm really into setting trends or following trends. I just do my own thing." She loves traditional saris like this one she brought for Oprah. "It is very sensual!" Oprah says.

Ash also follows tradition and lives at home with her parents like most single Indian women. "Back home, you're a loser if you say, 'Mom, I'm out of here,'" Ash says. "In India it's more about the family, about living together, about remaining connected, and that's probably the most beautiful special thing about it."

Posted on Monday, April 25, 2005 - 9:31 am:   

(Read only if you wish to)
Here's a preview from the OPRAH interview with Aishwarya Rai (from Oprah.com):

A lot of people say 30-year-old Aishwarya Rai is the most beautiful woman on the planet. This former Miss World is the international face of L'Oreal, Coca-Cola and DeBeers diamonds. She's also the number one box office film star in the world. The movies made in Bollywood—India's Hollywood and the film capital of the world—reach more than five billion people worldwide, twice that of Hollywood.

This Bollywood beauty is a shrewd businesswoman, raking in the American equivalent of about $15 million a film. But you will not see xes in her movies. Not even a kiss. "I come from the land of the Kama Sutra," Aishwarya says. "So we obviously do have a normal, healthy xes life. [Kissing] is a more private expression of emotions. So I guess art imitates life and that kind of comes across in our cinema as well."

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 203.124.2.59
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 8:56 pm:   

I'm so thrilled. I can't wait. I'm sure its going to be the best interview of her ever as Oprah is simply the best at these things. The most beautiful woman meets the most powerful woman in America whooooooo hooooooooo.

Posted From: 69.156.106.156
Posted on Saturday, April 23, 2005 - 4:46 pm:   

ahhhh...im so happy shes on oprah. im not indian im actually black and i have never seen an aishwarya movie (actually I lied, i saw Bride and Prejudice lol) but I think shes unbelievebly GORGEOUS and I was so excited when I was watching oprah and i saw "she is called the most beautiful woman in the world...who is she" I was like I know....must be Aishwarya Rai! So excited, I wouldnt miss this one since I already missed 60 minutes =(

Posted From: 221.134.58.215
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 2:33 am:   

Yeah it is official now homepage :-):-)

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Friday, April 22, 2005 - 12:42 am:   

To all those haters and doubters who came out with their tiresome repetitive statements claiming Ash lied about oprah blah blah to discredit Ash blah blah blah - there you go. One knows you'll tune in on Monday.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 69.212.214.138
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 12:07 pm:   

thank you u rock girl!

Isha (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 24.42.248.116
Posted on Thursday, April 21, 2005 - 11:57 am:   

AISHWARYA RAI ON OPRAH FOR SHIZZLE ON MONDAY, APRIL 25!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 80.117.58.30
Posted on Tuesday, April 19, 2005 - 7:00 am:   

when it will be?

anotherfan (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 69.111.56.123
Posted on Sunday, April 17, 2005 - 12:45 pm:   

i couldn't find good morning america, just the early show... i want to watch gma, but i can't find it, please show me a link

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.186.105
Posted on Monday, April 11, 2005 - 11:47 pm:   

hey
you can download the good morning america vid on an excellent (touch wood) website www.aishwarya-forever.com. Click on multimedia on the top on the home page, then 2005, and then take your pick. I'm not going to hotlink the vid here because it eats away at their bandwidth.
Take Care

Talat (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 205.188.117.71
Posted on Monday, April 11, 2005 - 7:08 pm:   

Does any one know where i could be able to watch the Good morning america program that aired Ash. I was really impressed watching her show with David Letterman, she looked absolutely breathtaking with an excellent diction in English. Keep it up Ash! I also wish this site be more updated relating to websites where it could be possible to watch the shows, interviews, etc that Ash was on, and the ones we missed to watch...

East or West
Ash is da best....

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 69.215.16.179
Posted on Friday, April 8, 2005 - 12:05 pm:   

roses are red
violets are blue
honey is sweet
so is ash

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Friday, April 8, 2005 - 12:04 pm:   

march is gone april is here when is ash going to come on oprah

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.186.105
Posted on Friday, April 8, 2005 - 7:07 am:   

wicked. Now I really have to see this show. When's it comin on...this is KILLING ME!
lol
well not really
but I've gotta see this
hehe

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 138.217.123.247
Posted on Friday, April 8, 2005 - 3:42 am:   

They had a interview with Ash on Stardust mag and she says that she made Oprah drape a sarie! So that means she did go on Oprah!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, April 5, 2005 - 4:15 pm:   

i am going crazy trying to find out when she's going to be on oprah ashu u are the cool

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 12:09 pm:   

if anybody know when it is can some one please tell me

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.47.143
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 - 12:26 am:   

mmm are you talking about me?? Yeah messenger I'm here sometimes, but I'm gradually leaving this site for good. Take Care

Posted From: 24.101.56.247
Posted on Monday, March 21, 2005 - 3:43 am:   

ahh... I am confused. You are still there?

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 11:23 pm:   

oops!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 11:22 pm:   

Cool - I know for a fact that she'll be on the oprah show too!
But what I don't understand is why it's such a big problem if it, for whatever reason, doesn't get shown. I mean many times things get filmed, but are shelved until much later or not shown at all, and this can and does happen to anyone anywhere. It's just with this actress, people get hypertension if she says something and it, for whatever reason, doesn't materialise. GIVE HER A BREAK!!!

Nazir Patel (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 24.101.245.204
Posted on Sunday, March 20, 2005 - 2:34 pm:   

Aish's manager has confirmed that Aish will be on
the Oprah show and that the confirmation date is
being worked out for the show to be scheduled sometime in April. My understanding is that the segment was recorded a while back.

Muztaba Seraji (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 203.91.152.64
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 10:13 am:   

To Sett'n-it-straight: Yes I have another lie in my bag and that is "Sun Rises in The East".

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 6:07 am:   

lol yeah i read that interview ages ago too, I can't be bothered to try and set these people straight all the time. Who cares really. Let them think what they want. It's all good.

Posted From: 221.134.56.184
Posted on Saturday, March 19, 2005 - 5:17 am:   

Aishu was in Chicago to record for Oprah Winfrey. Click here to find out

Sett'n-it-straight (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 155.37.229.138
Posted on Friday, March 18, 2005 - 11:38 am:   

What bunch of bologna.
After inquiring from oprah.com, it is apparent that they have never even intervied her let alone airing it.
Any other lies you have in the bag?

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 24.69.255.236
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 1:36 pm:   

ash was not on oprah yet,she has not come on but when she does i will let u know when

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, March 15, 2005 - 1:14 pm:   

i am mad at myself for missing the show

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 24.101.183.218
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 3:40 pm:   

What day is she gonna be on?

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2005 - 11:54 am:   

oh man i missed the show does anybody know where i can watch it again

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Tuesday, March 8, 2005 - 12:44 pm:   

i heard she was going to come on oprah i am pretty sure she is

lucky (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 64.36.13.90
Posted on Tuesday, March 8, 2005 - 11:45 am:   

Is it true that aishwarya is appeaing on oprah in march?

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 69.182.50.3
Posted on Saturday, March 5, 2005 - 8:55 pm:   

You can also go to oprah.com and email her directly. Her staff is good at replying back within a reasonable time.

Posted From: 221.134.56.166
Posted on Friday, March 4, 2005 - 1:59 am:   

Keep visiting the home page home for your answer. Whenever things are finalised, the home page will be updated.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 69.212.45.128
Posted on Tuesday, March 1, 2005 - 1:06 pm:   

does anyone know where it's going to air in america?

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 69.212.34.129
Posted on Friday, February 25, 2005 - 1:03 pm:   

can someone tell me when the show is going to come on tv in us

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 203.124.2.55
Posted on Monday, February 14, 2005 - 4:15 am:   

I just read on some message board that the interview with Oprah will be aired in March and it will be 30 min long. Come on will the moderators of the board please let us know in advance. It will take ages to see it on Oprah on StarTV and I would like to arrange for friends in the US to record it for me.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 24.206.74.91
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 9:32 pm:   

is this true? Will Aishwarya be on the Oprah Winfrey Show? And if so, when?

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 203.124.2.38
Posted on Thursday, February 10, 2005 - 6:18 pm:   

Yesterday they featured a banner on the main page that Ash would be on Oprah but it was removed today. Could someone explain why. I was literally jumping for joy when I first saw the banner.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree | Search | Help | Credits Administration
Fan Club
Chat Room
Guestbook
Message Boards
Merchandise
Wallpapers
Screensavers
Suggestion Box
My Links
Contact Me

PRIVACY  |  TERMS OF SERVICE