Press Room
Personal Info
Family Pictures
Charity Page
In The News
Advertising
Times of India Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

Official Aishwarya Rai Message Board » Aishwarya Rai » Times of India « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 81.153.20.8
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 9:09 am:   

And I'm also happy she's not bowing to indian pressure to wear a sari on every show. She wears it when she wants and it always looks stunning. Not everyone in India wears a sari 24/7, and she's open to anything as long as its not too fussy or frilly. You know Amitabh Bachchan was on an American t.v. show. lol I wonder what he was wearing, traditional or western? Do I even care? Not really - is it not strange the indian media didn't even mention what he was wearing. He was probably wearing an Armani suit - wouldn't it have just caused riots in India if that was the case...

ps I love Amitabh hehe

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Friday, April 29, 2005 - 8:57 am:   

U know what, her tv appearances were received really well on the whole, so what is the big problem. So the Indian media and a few other indians etc. really dislike her, but the world knows about jealous indians now anyway, so who gives a monkeys? They really haven't done their country or their people any favours. Aishwarya Rai has got people from China to Russia to South America who watched her appearance on Oprah etc. talking about how they love her and how they've got more interested in India and Bollywood because of her. She is the first Indian star to have really brought Bollywood to the world mainstream and I'm so proud of her for doing that.

M (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 207.153.53.34
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 2:50 pm:   

Ha ha you guys must be REALLY bored!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 1:08 pm:   

Agreed - again! hehe

Margo (Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 70.49.90.19
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 12:56 pm:   

I dont think she would care because she knows what she said and who knows how many other millions of people know what she said. I mean people will right junk and gossip, the best thing she can do is to shrug it off why? Because she knows its not true! When she comes here and her status in the U.S becomes like Julia Roberts status or something like that,then shell know what gossip means. Just ask Oprah..they will have Aishwarya on the cover of Star Magazine and National Enquirer every week and what will she do? Shrug it off because it doesnt matter..she knows herself that she is a polite, charasmatic, beautiful woman on the inside and out. A bunch of gossip couldnt bring her down.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 9:44 am:   

contd' from below
The problem with the Indian media and many Indians is that they seem to have treated Aishwarya Rai like "their possession" for the past 12 years and they still think of her as "their possession". The fact is Aishwarya Rai belongs to no one but herself, and she is free to say what she likes when she likes.
Anyway, I just thought I'd let that out, considering TOI have people read this message board for them, or so I hear. lol

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 9:43 am:   

contd. from below:
I don't think Aishwarya gives 2 monkeys about this, but I wanted to state my opinion anyway.
The timesofindia.com gave Aishwarya's Bride and Prejudice a bad review fit with personal attacks against Ash (as many indian reviews did except maybe filmfare and others) so I don't expect lovely things to be written about Aishwarya on this site. But it seemed they were beginning to give balanced journalism a try, and I even mentioned their site's interview with Aishwarya on another thread. But this recent article, saturated with nothing but the writer's nasty opinions doesn't do this site any favours if it wants to come off as a credible outlet of journalism. Besides calling Bride + Prejudice "puerile" and "an embarassment" didn't stop Nicole Kidman and her son falling in love with it. Not that they even read TOI.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 9:33 am:   

contd. from below:
Though that is a wonderfully clever yet totally false allegation (the fair skin requests date back to before the british), I much preferred Aishwarya Rai's sweet, polite and more realistic response, of how some women in India absurdly fall into that trap because of requests for fairer skin by potential suitors. She went on to denounce the use of the products and requests as stupid.
The article drivelled on for another time wasting 2 pages before introducing, for its attempt at a philosophical climax, a fictional American secretary's take on events. "Gandhi's India is now Rai's India for many in the west, and both Indias have a place" My response to this conclusion was an accurate reflection of the article itself: LOST!

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted From: 207.153.53.47
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 9:21 am:   

The journalist answer was a good one! Wow, now that was a smart answer.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 9:18 am:   

In one of I think a DOZEN articles written by timesofindia.com on Aishwarya's Oprah appearance (I know, pathetic, they need to get over it) an NRI jounalist for the site working in New York used her excuse for journalism to slag off Aishwarya, with the Oprah appearance as a backdrop. She said Aishwarya's response to the skin lightening product question was inadequate and yet expected. The article came up with an alternative answer, by placing the blame on British colonial rule....and the impression of fair=beauty being imposed on the impoverished country. It took that "jounalist" a gossip columist worthy 12 hours to work out that response as the type she would have come out with.

(Unregistered Guest)
Posted on Wednesday, April 27, 2005 - 9:04 am:   

Ok - I've tried to keep it in, but I can't any longer. Never have I seen a "journalistic" site promote such absurdity in my entire life.
I just don't understand that it's the people (indian/etc.) who want Aishwarya to be a better brand ambassador, who also say she's too diplomatic. They want her to appear more "realistic" SHE WAS REALISTIC. She can't help how she feels. This whole giggling debate - I actually feel embarassed for indians and indian media outlets who've strung this giggling debate' along - it is the most pathetic thing to dislike - especially when it's so harmless.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Password:
E-mail:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree | Search | Help | Credits Administration
Fan Club
Chat Room
Guestbook
Message Boards
Merchandise
Wallpapers